Subject: Consenting spy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Teague

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
What makes a consenting spy?
Is it just a spy on a card with the same location your attacking?
Does the spy need to have any particular loyalty to the attacking empire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
A consenting spy is a spy belonging to another player who agrees to let you use the spy's intelligence. The empire the spy is spying for is irrelevant, only its location matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hmm, does that mean a consenting spy cannot be my own spy? This was one of my (two) doubts when I first read the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:
Hmm, does that mean a consenting spy cannot be my own spy? This was one of my (two) doubts when I first read the rules.

You can gain Intel from your own spies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:

No, consent is automatic for your own spies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yes, that was my own ruling slash suspicion about the intent. I don't really think the rules are unclear here, it's just that the "consent" is odd as a concept because really it might be fair to say that all of your units "consent" to what you want from them, but there is never a reason to describe it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:
Yes, that was my own ruling slash suspicion about the intent. I don't really think the rules are unclear here, it's just that the "consent" is odd as a concept because really it might be fair to say that all of your units "consent" to what you want from them, but there is never a reason to describe it that way.

Right. I'll add just such a line to the living rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Teague

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
Great, thanks for the info .

I hope to get this game to the table in the next two weeks and just wanted to make sure I had the rules down before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Tiamat wrote:

No, consent is automatic for your own spies

Of course, even if you have a spy there (or the consent of another with a spy), you can choose to an Army of the target empire if you like.

I wonder whether the following the Intel rule might be expressed as follows:

Intel. You may ignore the requirement to destroy Armies in that Location first if you have a Spy on a card that matches that Location or the consent of another player who does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Moss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just so I am clear, does a spy you control that is on a band on a card in another player's tableau give you intel on the location of that card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaweĊ‚ Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oldstench wrote:
So, just so I am clear, does a spy you control that is on a band on a card in another player's tableau give you intel on the location of that card?

If the spy is on Your card it also gives you intel for his "Location"
What is important to get intel - is to have ANY spy (yours or consenting from other player) and Location. Only this matters. Position of Spy on card (upper band, lower band, middle) does not matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oldstench wrote:
Does a spy you control that is on a band on a card in another player's tableau give you intel on the location of that card?

Martin is correct.

In fact, a Spy that is on a card (on a band or not) in any player's tableau gives you Intel on the Location of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Moss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.