Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
How does tireless work?
It's an ability so if I'm the monster I may just recover all my energy every turn regardless of what actions I have done?

Wouldn't this make it obvious that I'm the monster?
I've not played the game
Just asking to get a feel of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any player can recover energy at the end of a turn where they didn't move and didn't play any cards EXCEPT the "Spy" card. That means you can search your current room, pick up items, and spy on anyone who happens to be there, and still get your energy back.

Tireless allows the monster to choose to get their energy back at the end of any turn, even if they moved or played a non-Spy card. (But they don't have to; it's a choice.)

For example, you could spend your actions moving and then get your energy back. If you do that, the players will figure out that you're the monster (if they're paying attention). You probably don't want to do that at the start of the game, but near the end it might be worth revealing yourself to get the extra energy (especially if you think the other players have already figured you out anyway).

You could also spend your actions to attack another player in your room without moving, and then get your energy back. If you do that, the player you attacked will figure out that you're the monster. However, the other players don't get to see the card you played, so if the visible results of your actions were consistent with the "Spy" card, they won't know for sure whether you used the Tireless power or simply spent all your actions spying. (This is similar to most monster powers, where the player you used it on will see it, but the other players won't.)

But remember you can also withdraw a card if you don't like your die roll (without showing it to anyone). Suppose you decide to attack another player with the Brawl action, and you don't plan to use your Tireless power because you think it would be too obvious. But, as luck would have it all of your die rolls are 1s and 2s, which don't do anything on the Brawl card. At the end of your turn, no one has seen the card you were trying to play (not even the intended target), and it's somewhat plausible you wouldn't have bothered following through even if it had been the Spy card (Spy lets you see a card on 1-2, but if you've already seen one of their cards they'll just show you the same one again, so there's no benefit to completing the action). So, even though you weren't planning on it, this might be a good time to use Tireless and get your energy back--sort of a retroactive decision to spy instead of attacking because your die rolls were bad. (And if your first 3 rolls suck, you could actually switch to the Spy card for your last action to help sell it.) So sometimes you can use Tireless without anyone noticing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Hi Jeremy

Thanks
Was wondering what good would it be
Thanks for clarifying that up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.