Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a tracking notice that my game was delivered but never received it. Not sure if it was a mistake or if it was stolen since it was left at my front door. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so...anything I can do? I emailed CMON, so I'm waiting for a reply from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be contacting FedEx as well.

When it shows as received, it only means the driver scanned the bar code on the package. But there is no way for the little handheld scanning unit to know where your driver is standing when he scans it.

I've had UPS do this. They delivered on the wrong street, scanned it and felt certain they had delivered it properly simply because it was scanned. In my case, my neighbor called me before UPS corrected their own error.

This time of year, it may be hard for them track down due to sheer package quantity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cichoracki

Michigan
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
It is really common for a package to be stolen at the holidays. This was a main complaint we got when I was there. Call FedEx ASAP and they'll contact the driver to see where he put it. Sometimes the driver will remember where it went and you can find it, but probably not. Either way, at least you'll know what place is no longer secure to put a delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually called fedex to deliver it on a day that I'd be home. They said ok and apparently they totally ignored it. It said delivered, left at front door. I don't know why they think this would be a safe spot. Even my postman leaves packages on the side of the house where it's more hidden.

Is this type of thing insured though? Or am I screwed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its just weird they allow to simply leave it unguarded at the doorstep! they should always come back another time or leave a note for you instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we have that problem in Japan. They leave a notice in the mailbox and then you call to arrange for delivery at another time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
It does have insurance attached to it ($100) in the event it got lost or stolen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
It does have insurance attached to it ($100) in the event it got lost or stolen.

That's good to know at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
When it shows as received, it only means the driver scanned the bar code on the package. But there is no way for the little handheld scanning unit to know where your driver is standing when he scans it.

This does happen to me - a few times a year.
Sometimes it's UPS and FedEx, but mostly it's the Post Office.

In my cases, it has mostly been because the Post Office misdelivers it to another address. There has been someone home a couple of times and there was nothing delivered in those cases even though it states "delivered" on the website.
As others have mentioned, it's also the season for thieves to snatch up packages left on porches. Make sure and file a report/claim with FedEx right away so at least you'll be covered there.

Sorry to hear that - I know it stinks. It happened to me recently with my Tail Feathers delivery (USPS). Delivered to another townhome in my subdivision and the recipient wasn't honest enough to bring it over. Nothing the Post Office could do about it at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
We constantly get packages addressed to our next door neighbors, or the people one street up or down from us. Definitely walk over to the houses on all 4 sides of you and ask, they may have it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
its just weird they allow to simply leave it unguarded at the doorstep! they should always come back another time or leave a note for you instead.

if there is no signature required they have no reason to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:
We constantly get packages addressed to our next door neighbors, or the people one street up or down from us. Definitely walk over to the houses on all 4 sides of you and ask, they may have it there.

Yes, I've had my packages delivered next door before. I live in an Apartment so they frequently mix up the last building number but go to the correct individual unit number. Just last Monday I had a Papa John's driver show up to my doorstep with 2 large pizzas and I told him I didn't order any pizza. Sure enough, he went to the wrong building. Hopefully OP is able to find their package. I stopped trusting packages being delivered to my apartment after I had a $100 package delivered to the wrong unit and when I asked all my neighbors (my building and other buildings) no one claimed to know anything. Funny thing was that it was cycling gear and size was XS so I really doubt anyone got any actual use out of that package. USPS denied any wrongdoing and eventually I was able to get it resolved by working with the merchant directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew...turns out my neighbor had it. He saw it sitting out and he picked it up for me so that it wouldn't be sitting out for a couple of days (I was out of town but I had my friend go check and he told me there was nothing there).

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.