Subject: Missing components? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my copy and noticed I'm missing 2 red cubes soblue And when I shook box #1 it felt completely empty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry about box 1. It will probably contain what needs to be in it. Physical description of what is in it below. It doesn't spoil any story, but for those that want to be completely spoiler free...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It contains cardboard with some tokens. It sits diagonally in the box, and there is only much movement possible over the length.

For the missing cubes, you will probably have to contact the distributor to get replacements, but you could already play with some substitutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. When I get to open box #1 I'll look at your spoiler and see if I got what was needed. Too bad I sold my vanilla Pandemic, otherwise I could borrow cubes from it. Guess I'll have to use something less pretty. Too bad it wasn't the black cubes that were missing, as I would have been able to use my black peat cubes from Fields of Arle soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
As the mildest of spoilers... not all the boxes are equally full.

One of my few criticisms of Pandemic Legacy is that they wasted quite a bit of space by making all the boxes the same size. I do wonder if they could instead have had a Pass the Parcel arrangement where the box contained a mysterious bag which, when opened, contained the first additional set of components plus another mysterious bag which contained all the others, in similar style.

That might be trickier to manufacture, but it would have the interesting property of disguising how many "boxes" there were as well as how bulky each was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wanted to play in the mean time you could "borrow"
2 cubes from pretty much any eruro.

If fact if you were down to the last 2 cubes it's probably gonna be game over for you very quickly. That being said you could use 2 black cubes for the red. You normally can never put black cubes on any cities cept black but if you used them in red you would know and when you treated more red you could put them back

I'm thinking the most you would need to do this is like one turn and even then it's doubtful you'll ever need them.

If you strike out with the publisher Bgg is selling cubes in their store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A stupid question: I can throw the top dossier sheet, right? You know, the one that only says "TOP SECRET" and is white on the backside. I mean it's not like there could be a super duper extra mega secret message that you get by burning it and observing the ash or something... right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should we tell him guys?

Better keep that... One never knows. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.