BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Increase GG reward for reviews and session reports rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
With the rapid GeekGold devaluation caused by "record shattering amounts" given out for financial contributions, it might be nice to acknowledge other types of contributions to the site as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
9 92 33 JOFA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you feel like there's not enough incentive for people to post mediocre review content as it is?

Besides, GG is only devalued if you're using it for auctions. Any of the fixed-price uses remain fixed-price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd certainly prefer to see incentives that rewarded better-quality reviews, including microbadges that were based on something other than quantity. The current distinction between a mediocre review (1 GG) and an excellent review (5 GG) is pretty minimal.

The attitude that reviews in general are mediocre is part of the problem.

And there are other uses for GG besides auctions, like using it as an incentive or reward for other users. I run a challenge that encourages people to write reviews after playing a game ten times, and I'd like to be able to give away more significant prizes.

Finally, it's just nice to acknowledge people's contributions of all sorts. BGG wouldn't be where it is today without the user-provided content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see the reward for uploading images be a reverse exponential relationship to the number of existing images a game already has.

First one to upload a components shot of a game? 5 GG.

1,425th person to upload random shot of your weekly session with Bob and Larry? 0.25gg (floor)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:

... thus creating an absolutely horrible incentive to produce haste rather than quality. Very short sighted and wrong headed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunyazad wrote:
With the rapid GeekGold devaluation caused by "record shattering amounts" given out for financial contributions, it might be nice to acknowledge other types of contributions to the site as well.

How about if you use some of your windfall to reward the better ones you find ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
I'd like to see the reward for uploading images be a reverse exponential relationship to the number of existing images a game already has.

1,425th person to upload random shot of your weekly session with Bob and Larry? 0.25gg (floor)

If there was a change, I'd prefer to see a range like we have for session reports (.2, .4, .6, .8, 1.0) where each image is voted on for its own quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
wow ~"DOUBLE UP! & GET DOWN EVEN!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:

1,425th person to upload random shot of your weekly session with Bob and Larry? 0.025gg (floor)

you forgot a zero. I fixed it for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read this interview with Aldie where he says that "Reviews are the #1 thing people are looking for these days."

http://dailyworkerplacement.com/2015/12/14/new-geek-in-town-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Did Y-O-U 'neglect' to 'mention' where he states upon 'moi' about: "JUST naught HIS'ns!" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunyazad wrote:
I just read this interview with Aldie where he says that "Reviews are the #1 thing people are looking for these days."

http://dailyworkerplacement.com/2015/12/14/new-geek-in-town-...

He's probably referring to popular video reviewers who are already getting their hookers and blow, and would barely notice a boost to their GG rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.