Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I've finally just gotten my "Augmented Blood Rage Retail Copy," with all of the expansions and exclusives except for the Wildboar Clan, (okay, and the Art Book)I have a question about the three 5+ player cards listed as exclusives (Files Section) that would seem to add second cards for the Dwarf Chieftain, Dark Elf, and Soldier of Hel. Do I need to make up proxy cards for these three to play with five players?

If so, how would you use a second card for a monster anyhow?

Boy, just when I thought I had this whole mess figured out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The monster exclusives are cards and minis. So you can have two dwarves on the board, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you have the 5p exclusives? They are separate from the wildboar clan. Its not necessary to have those to play 5p (obviously because its not available retail) but I think its would be nice, as the monster selection is pretty slim with 5 players and the base 9 monsters. If you have the other KS promos, or use the mystics, thats another way to get more options in the draft.
So, those 5 cards would be nice, but definitely not necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
toddpark75 wrote:
Its not necessary to have those to play 5p (obviously because its not available retail) but I think its would be nice, as the monster selection is pretty slim with 5 players and the base 9 monsters.

Iif you want a little more diversity and more monsters, it might perhaps be easier to get a few KS exclusive monsters (wolfman, troll mystic, fenrir, mtn giant) than to get the 5p extras? And at least they are unique, not duplicates of existing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Yes, I have the different exclusive monsters and the 5P Ram Clan stuff. All the exclusive monsters I have are different from those of the Base Game. Is Ace saying there are also duplicate (second) Dwarf, Dark Elf, and Soldier of Hel figures? If so, I can do without them, as I do have all the other stuff.

Besides more card types, I wonder what else Eric Lang could add later on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
They are "duplicates" in the sense they have the exact same game mechanics, but they are unique models. You could definitely do without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
goo Yes, I have the different exclusive monsters and the 5P Ram Clan stuff. All the exclusive monsters I have are different from those of the Base Game. Is Ace saying there are also duplicate (second) Dwarf, Dark Elf, and Soldier of Hel figures? If so, I can do without them, as I do have all the other stuff.

Exclusive stuff = 4 monsters, 3 duplicate monsters and cards, ram tokens, other clan tokens, wildboar clan.
The 3 duplicate monsters (and cards) came in a box with the fancy tokens for the Ram clan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh Whew! Well, most people seem to be playing just with the base game to start out. If I were to throw in everything I own (or the possibility of some, whose cards might or might not get picked for a particular game), I think I would blow our minds! Then again, I do usually "throw in everything" when given the chance for a new game, and the rules are pretty simple--although winning won't be.

Thanks for the clarification on the three exclusive alternate sculpts. You'd think with 19 pages of images, someone would have added a shot of them; I hope someone does.

I should be playing my first game(s) next week! I've figured out how to fit everything I have into the Base Box plus the Five Player Expansion box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification on the three exclusive alternate sculpts. You'd think with 19 pages of images, someone would have added a shot of them; I hope someone does.

I guess these are from the rarest expansion so only very few people have them.
If you were looking for pictures of those sculpts:

I absolutey love the alternative dark elf sculpt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taddeus,

I agree, and thank you very much! After doing some more research, I see now that I have 8 of the 10 parts; all except the Wildboar Expansion and the Five Player Exclusives (or the Art Book). I've spent enough for now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, they seem to be fetching a healthy price on ebay at the moment. Buying this kickstarter was a lucrative investment for many people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Matveev
msg tools
The image on the back of 5 Player Extras box definitely shows higher monster STR (3 for Dwarf Chieftain, 5 for Soldiers of Hel... same 1/3 for Dark Elf, though). However, all the cards inside the box have the same STR as the core set cards. Could someone please explain? Wrong image, packaging mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.