Subject: Shipping date announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bausman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From the last KS update it looks like Ryan is planning to start shipping in February. He wants the game to be on the boat to Califronia before the Chinese New Year. This game looks really great. Kudos to Ryan and team for doing such a great job. Cannot wait to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Dolan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm impressed with that. When I backed this game I looked at the sheer volume of content Ryan had planned: not just minis but painted minis, 2 sided boards, lots of kickstarter backer feedback incorporated, all the lore content - I figured there were just too many things that had to work out perfectly for this to be on time (and to be sure, I would have been happy to wait). But the bumps have been very minor and Ryan has been on top of them every step of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the kind words. As of the start of this week (Dec 21), all of the assets are final and the game is in full production. The plastic game pieces are being made in parallel with the rest of the components so it should not take any longer to produce than a game without fancy plastic bits.

As soon as manufacturing is complete (which, as you mentioned, is hopefully before the end of January) a big pile of Shadowstar Corsairs will be put on a boat to California. From there, Starlit Citadel will handle distribution to everyone in the US and Canada. At the same time, a couple hundred games will be sent from China to France so that Ideaspatcher can get them to the rest of the world. I'll also have several copies shipped directly to my house for later sale via my web site.

There was a lot to get done in order to get to this point, but it's done - and just in time for the holidays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it fun? Was it worth doing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

It was definitely fun, and very fulfilling to see an idea become reality. The game changed far more than I expected during the course of development and testing, but I like the results. I haven't cut any corners and I think people will really appreciate the production value as well as the play.

Now financially, that's another matter. If things go well, I'll break even on the whole process plus have 100 or so extra copies to potentially sell on my own. If I hadn't had an alternative source of income to pay the bills while I was working on Corsairs, I'd be living in a van down by the river.

There were times when I didn't think it was worth doing, but at this point - with a near-final prototype in my hands - I'm very glad that I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ryan - I'm sure there have (and will be!) times that you wonder what the heck you were thinking, but hopefully that day not too far from now, when folks in all corners of the world are playing YOUR game, any remaining doubts will disappear.

Thanks from a grateful community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all!

It is now March and I still don't see the game on sale at Starlit Citadel. Any idea when this will finally be available?

Thank you.

Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think there's an exact ship date, but if I recall the content of the last Kickstarter update correctly, things are currently packed and shipping from China to the secondary distribution points in the United States and Europe.

EDIT: Apparently, I my memory isn't great... I was a little off:

Quote:
Shadowstar Corsairs has finished production and is currently being shrink wrapped for loading into CTN boxes.

The next step will be putting them onto a ship bound for California and distribution (or heading to France for international orders).

From an update dated 3/4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Some delays due to painting the miniatures pushed production into the Chinese (Lunar) New Year break, which put everything on hold for a good chunk of February. But as of March 8th, 2016, the games are between the end of production and being put on the boat to cross the Pacific.

Starlit Citadel is distributing the games to the US and Canada*, but is not going to be selling them. I will have copies for sale on my own website after backers have had a good chance to try it out.

Updates can be found on the Kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2031135231/shadowstar-c...

*Ideaspatcher will be distributing to the rest of the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the European distribution batch?
Wasn't there a ship bound for France?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I've sent another note to Ideaspatcher to see if anything has changed. The last update, on the 20th, was:

"The EU shipment will arrive first week of MAY to our warehouse. Dispatching will taking place a few days after we receive it to our warehouse."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
0 hr wrote:
I've sent another note to Ideaspatcher to see if anything has changed. The last update, on the 20th, was:

"The EU shipment will arrive first week of MAY to our warehouse. Dispatching will taking place a few days after we receive it to our warehouse."

That's good news! cool

That means we will receive our game in may!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.