Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Public Policy Polling, which is known for adding questions in surveys to exploit Republicans who are less informed, recently found that 30% of Republican voters would support bombing Agrabah, a fictional country in the Disney film Aladdin. On December 20, 2015, WPA Research fielded a national survey of 1,132 registered voters that found 44% of Democrats would support taking refugees from that same Agrabah. PPP may have proven that some Republicans will support bombing a fictional country, but fully 44% of Democrats will allow refugees from anywhere into the country, whether they are potential ISIS supporters from Syria or potential cartoon characters on a magic carpet ride."

http://www.wparesearch.com/issues/44-percent-of-democrats-su...

I guess that proves that the Democrats are about 50% less intelligent when it comes to world geography...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 44% of young Democrats want to accept refugees from a fictional country, 66% for young Democrats.
So you think wanting to accept refugees no matter where they're from is equivalent to wanting to bomb other people no matter where they're from? Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 44% of young Democrats want to accept refugees from a fictional country, 66% for young Democrats.
sikeospi wrote:
"Public Policy Polling, which is known for adding questions in surveys to exploit Republicans who are less informed, recently found that 30% of Republican voters would support bombing Agrabah, a fictional country in the Disney film Aladdin. On December 20, 2015, WPA Research fielded a national survey of 1,132 registered voters that found 44% of Democrats would support taking refugees from that same Agrabah. PPP may have proven that some Republicans will support bombing a fictional country, but fully 44% of Democrats will allow refugees from anywhere into the country, whether they are potential ISIS supporters from Syria or potential cartoon characters on a magic carpet ride."

http://www.wparesearch.com/issues/44-percent-of-democrats-su...

I guess that proves that the Democrats are about 50% less intelligent when it comes to world geography...

Oooh, what a gotcha!

Though personally, I think it's more laudable to offer refuge to people from a country you know nothing about than to want to kill people from a country you know nothing about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to say I thought the same, pretty lame gotcha.

That people are ill informed and ignorant is no surprise.

One has to ask why did they not ask the same question, would you bomb a fictional country?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
it's pretty embarrassing to get your snarky title wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
aiabx wrote:
Though personally, I think it's more laudable to offer refuge to people from a country you know nothing about than to want to kill people from a country you know nothing about.

Did some guy named Jesus say the same thing? Well, let's not tell the people who think America's a Christian country. They might be shamed into acting like it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Sikeopsi "gotcha" that turns out to be not so much of a "gotcha". Will wonders never cease ? I vote for it to become a Christmas tradition. Who's with me ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
And 27% of them oppose letting the fictional people in, and 29% don't know if they would or would not let fictional refugees in.

Wait a minute, where is the answer that Agrabah is a fictional country?

The poll didn't distinguish that the respondents knew the city was fictional or not.

How about we just agree that 100% of the people who post these polls are idiots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
What about young Democrats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll take twice the compassionate, well-intentioned idiots over aggressive, violent idiots any day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.