The Captain
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Carry On!
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I going crazy? I've had this on my wish list on CSI for awhile; I thought it was around $50-60. Now it's $79.99 with a MSRP of 85. Why did it go up? Is the reprint different?

Maybe I'm just not remembering the prices correct...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Carter
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the reprint is out yet. So, I suspect this is just the effect of something going out of print. Once there are less copies around for a popular game, price tends to climb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was $85 when I bought it a year or so ago at the local game shop and the same shop has another copy right now for the same price. CSI may have had it at a discounted price but I'm pretty sure it's always been that high direct from GMT and at most local shops.

Edit: I believe the reprint is a straight up re-issue, nothing new other than possibly some errata added to the rules/playbook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I got the first print through GMT's P500 program, it was about $60, with an $85 MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Capt Carry On wrote:
Am I going crazy? I've had this on my wish list on CSI for awhile; I thought it was around $50-60. Now it's $79.99 with a MSRP of 85. Why did it go up? Is the reprint different?

Maybe I'm just not remembering the prices correct...

The game has NOT been reprinted. Cool Stuff just got their hands on some of the last copies, so they are selling them closer to MSRP, because the game is sold out everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Captain
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Carry On!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the quick replies... good to know! I gotta snag a copy fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TC,

I'm not surprised the first printing sold out. I was so worried about getting a copy that I made it my first pre-500 order. EVER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
again, if anyone is desperate to get their hands on a copy right now, my local shop has a copy (at least as of wednesday). as long as the price and shipping are covered, i'll pick it up and ship it out to anywhere in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.