Nathan DeBardeleben
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Place the Special Investigation decks for each of the Agents in the current game into separate face up stacks." Emphasis added by me.

I get the feeling that the Special Investigation (SI) cards are to be splayed out and available for picking but the text specifically says to make them into a "deck" and also graphically shows them as a deck in the setup image - yet it's face up?

I read this as either:

1: You know what the next available SI is for your character that you can buy, it's that 1 card visible flipped over on top of that deck.

or

2: You can splay these cards out and that character can look through this deck and find the card they want to buy.

Can we get a clarification?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
The second option.

On the board, there isn't space to splay the cards everywhere, so it's handled line other games with a technology deck where the deck of cards are all in one stack, and you go through the stack to choose which card you wish to purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Huss
United States
flag msg tools
It is indeed option 2. In The Agency section under Researching an Investigation Ability it says you can "spend 4 Research to choose and take one Investigation from your Agent's Special Investigation stack." It is intended that you should get to choose whichever ability you feel is the best way for your Agent to develop at that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.