GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

1849: The Game of Sicilian Railways» Forums » Rules

Subject: Transfer of Presidency to holder of Last Share only. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
If the President of a corporation wants to dump it on a player who only owns the Last Share, are they required to sell down to zero, since they will not receive a 10% share?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
I would assume yes, but this is not addressed by the rules.

Also unaddressed is what happens to trains in companies that are closed (I assume that they are discarded).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
I would assume yes, but this is not addressed by the rules.

Also unaddressed is what happens to trains in companies that are closed (I assume that they are discarded).


When you say "discarded", you mean put back to the bank or removed from play?

I'd assume you mean putting them back in the bank of trains?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
The rules do not cover the case. I would remove them from the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
The rules do not cover the case. I would remove them from the game.


I agreed the rules don't cover.

Do you remove them from the game because you feel it plays better that way?

I'm surprised that putting them back in the bank wouldn't be the logical answer, since trains go back to the bank when you end up over the limit.

So if the goal was to have a certain amount of each train available at all times, it would make sense not to just throw them out. (Though that is nothing more than me inferring the goal.)

(But I agree removing them could make sense.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
I picked that resolution as the results are less capricious.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
I picked that resolution as the results are less capricious.


Does resolution that way take away some of the game space though? I could imagine you might run a company into the ground as a way to slow the game down by returning trains.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
That would seem balanced by the opportunity to accellerate the trains.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
That would seem balanced by the opportunity to accellerate the trains.


sorry, i don't follow.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
clearclaw wrote:
That would seem balanced by the opportunity to accellerate the trains.


sorry, i don't follow.


meaning that by using the version where you throw the trains away, you can buy up trains and ruin the company and thus remove the trains, accelerating the game?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
That too; broadly the pattern is making the train progression shorter than it otherwise was. More simply, the 18xx are rarely if ever helped by slowing the game down.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.