Subject: Playing with my sons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
This if the first game I purchased specifically for my two-year-old and I must say, it's been quite a success. The gameplay is as simple as can be. Each player has a personal gameboard in front of himself. The gameboard depicts a child's room but it is missing four pieces: a bed, a lamp, a teddybear, and a picture. The pieces that will fill these voids are placed in a bag for players to pick from. In addition, eight monsters of various shapes and sizes are also placed in the bag.

On a player's turn, he draws from the bag, trying to find a needed piece for his bedroom (the rules actually state that players should try to feel the shape of the piece to help identify it). If he finds a piece he needs, he places it in the corresponding position on his gameboard. If he already has that piece, he can give it to another player or put it back in the bag. But if he should draw a monster, he is supposed to shout, "Go away monster!" and throw the monster away (we just throw it to the middle of the table, or at least that's what my sons are supposed to do). The object of the game is, of course, to fill up your board, or everyone's board, as quickly as possible, especially before you draw all the monsters.

The game has been a big his with my boys. My five-year-old enjoys it but is has been especially successful with my two-year-old. This is really the first game that my younger son can play by himself, which has been great. In addition, my sons will play it together, without having mom and day assist them, which is another plus. The theme is also great for kids of this age, really making the game even more attractive to my kids. My sons tend to throw the mosters a bit too far at times.

As a family, we always play cooperatively, which means it's us against the monsters. We are trying to fill up all the gameboards with the necessary pieces before we draw all of the monsters. I really like this cooperative element of the game. It's nice to have a game where everyone wins or everyone loses together. As I said, this game has been a big hit in my home and I would certainly recommend it for families with young children that the parents are trying to mold into gamers (or even just families who want to have fun playing games with their kids).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.