GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,248 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Hoplomachus: Rise of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Basic Attack Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are attacks that happen without rolling a die (i.e. tacticians) considered basic attacks? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, Tacticians' Auto-hit is considered a Basic Attack. There may Alt Attacks that don't require rolling. All Attacks fall into the category of a Basic Attack or an Alt Attack (Specials, Innates and Abilities aren't considered attacks though they may cause damage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
.. and if the tactician's "1 Hit - No Roll" is a basic Attack (I had figured that part)... what if another tactician is giving it Strategic Attack.

a) tactician says NO ROLL. It doesn't take the extra die given to it by the other tactician. (my call)

b) you do a 1-hit automatic + roll the die given to it by the Strategic Attack Innate.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isthar wrote:
.. and if the tactician's "1 Hit - No Roll" is a basic Attack (I had figured that part)... what if another tactician is giving it Strategic Attack.

a) tactician says NO ROLL. It doesn't take the extra die given to it by the other tactician. (my call)

b) you do a 1-hit automatic + roll the die given to it by the Strategic Attack Innate.

Thanks!

b) you get to roll a yellow and possibly add another damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also when playing solo tactician's can hit for two with some champions abilities like ("Kings Rally" all friendly units gain +1 dmg on a successful Basic Atk)

This is an easy one to forget

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.