Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've re-re-reread rule section O18 and am confused as to why there are two Spotting Round chits in the game. There is no mention of the SR staying on the map after the Barrage has been executed, so there's no chance of the Allied player's SR being on map while the Axis player is calling one in?

Nothing major, just curious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
I've re-re-reread rule section O18 and am confused as to why there are two Spotting Round chits in the game. There is no mention of the SR staying on the map after the Barrage has been executed, so there's no chance of the Allied player's SR being on map while the Axis player is calling one in?

Nothing major, just curious

Probably just convenience--just easier for each player to have their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Actually, if you take an exacto knife and carefully remove the top layer, you will find that the second spotting round is in fact a counter with an immobilized Sherman Tank to be used in Scenario 11.

But Chad was insistent that NO TANKS be included in CC:E, so the counters were covered up with the closest artwork - that of the adjacent spotting round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Egad! You're correct! Don't let anyone else know; it'll be our secret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. The only thing I can think of is one is to mark where you want it to go and the other is to mark where it actually hits after adjustments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I've re-re-reread rule section O18 and am confused as to why there are two Spotting Round chits in the game.

For no other reason then there was one space left on the countersheet so I threw in an extra SR rather than leave it blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Actually, if you take an exacto knife and carefully remove the top layer, you will find that the second spotting round is in fact a counter with an immobilized Sherman Tank to be used in Scenario 11.

But Chad was insistent that NO TANKS be included in CC:E, so the counters were covered up with the closest artwork - that of the adjacent spotting round.

No way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Way...

Now I have to figure out which one it is and find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I find the one with the Golden Sherman in it, do I get a free trip to Chad's CC:E Factory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saxophone wrote:
If I find the one with the Golden Sherman in it, do I get a free trip to Chad's CC:E Factory?

Just remember the chocolate river costs 2 MP to cross.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and it always snags the worst German leader...who goes up the tube...so he's leader-hose-in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.