GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,912 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Crossbows and Catapults» Forums » General

Subject: Won Crossbows & Catapults for $18 on Ebay. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Last month I won a copy of Crossbows & Catapults for just $18.08 (plus $15 shipping) - I still can't believe it.

In think it was 87 that my mom bought me a set of Crossbows & Catapults for my birthday - it was my gateway game to the board game addiction I now have - and all these years later I found it on ebay and bought it for my own birthday.

I had been watching copies for years and never saw one in good shape go for under $100. I guess I got lucky. The box is a little bit beat, and the rulebook is wrinkled, but it's only missing a carom and a viking figure; there's is a broken crossbow, but other than that all of the components are in great shape, and even all of the stickers are still stuck to the caroms/flags/castle doors.

Anyway, over a month later and I'm still excited by this and wanted to share my excitement with you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Ebay win! That has to be close to the original price back in the day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's just great to have it again. This and Fireball Island were THE games of my childhood (until HeroQuest came along).

Just having the box in my hands brought back tons of memories!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirby Atwood
msg tools
Wow - I just checked eBay and the cost(s) are outrageous. Great find! I wish I still had my old game…I actually found a couple of the flags in my old lego stuff while playing with my daughter; which prompted me to start doing some searching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.