GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,415 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Thomas Koba
Faroe Islands
msg tools
Is it correct that there is a 20% tax on orders shipping abroad from Splotter? This VAT-tax is usually not added on out-of-country orders. But is added when the package arrives at the destination, so that you actually pay VAT in your home country.

Now I'm paying double taxes, which means my country adds 20% onto the previous 20% + shipping.

Ive bought online from several other european stores, and they always subtract the local 20% VAT tax, when they ship abroad.

Maybe its different in the Netherlands?

(VAT tax is the UK term for this sales tax. Dont think americans even have this kind of tax).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koba
Faroe Islands
msg tools
I dont mind that much though, as Im looking forward to this game, but if its only a matter of some simple paperwork in Netherlands, then it could save some money for some people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VAT is only added to orders that ship within the EU. (Or at least that should be how it works ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koba
Faroe Islands
msg tools
Ok. I ordered from outside EU. But still got billed for the VAT.

Just sent a mail regarding this to your "info" mail adress. Ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
FYI - I ordered from outside the EU and the VAT was not included on the invoice. Shipping was not cheap, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Wiersinga
Netherlands
Leiden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Siinji wrote:
Ok. I ordered from outside EU. But still got billed for the VAT.

Just sent a mail regarding this to your "info" mail adress. Ok?

Hi,

we'll attend to it after the weekend. You're ordering from the Faroe islands, and our website classifies that as Denmark (which is kind of correct)-- but then it considers Denmark as part of the EU (also correct), and infers that the Faroe islands are part of the EU (which they are not), so you get hit by sales tax. It's a bit of an exception, really-- the site does well for 99.9% of orders.

JW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koba
Faroe Islands
msg tools
Thanx! Looking forward to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.