GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,929 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Magnate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is fully developing a deed an action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A. Braniselj
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,
the situation: A deed card is played on one of my turns and after several turns I pay the price for the completition of that property.
The question: Does completing a deed card count towards the 1 action you're allowed on your turn or is it part of the "developing a property" action which as far as I know can be done unlimited times a turn.

thanks to all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Skifton
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
branex wrote:
Does completing a deed card count towards the 1 action you're allowed on your turn...

That is the correct interpretation.

Listen to P.D. below =)

edit: I'm not a good rules resource, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
branex wrote:
Hello there,
The question: Does completing a deed card count towards the 1 action you're allowed on your turn or is it part of the "developing a property" action which as far as I know can be done unlimited times a turn.

It counts as part of "developing". Putting tokens on a deed during your turn does not count as your action, and the property is automatically complete once there are enough tokens on the deed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what the rules at the Decktet Wiki say:

Decktet Wiki wrote:
Develop properties: At any time after collecting resources, you may spend resources that match one of the card's suits to develop a deed. If the resources are not enough to complete development, put them on the card. When the total spent in development equals the rank of the card, then the property is fully developed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Braniselj
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all ty very much for the quick response!
Well the thing that confused me a little bit was that paying resources to complete a deed property actually meant completing as in the action "Completely develop a property". Paraphrase: Developing a deed leads to a completely developed property and thus forcing you into an action.

And yet there was a clue that showed me that my interpretation of the rules was wrong and that is the fact that taking such a turn would leave me with a full hand of three cards and I wouldn't be able to finish my turn with the "Draw a card" action as well as in some cases be left with three cards at the end of the game.

Quote:
c. Draw a card
Draw one card; this ends your turn.

Quote:
Victory
When the game ends, discard the cards remaining in your hand (you should have two left). Discard any deeded properties which you did not finish developing and any resources spent to partially develop them.

Oh oh and btw this game as well as the Decktet cards graphics are awesome. Will try other games in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
branex wrote:

Oh oh and btw this game as well as the Decktet cards graphics are awesome. Will try other games in the near future.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.