GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,804 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Going out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
Seems to be out of stock and amazon prices are rising...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the amazon price is the retail price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
The game has had many printings. I'd expect the next along any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normiyagi wrote:
the amazon price is the retail price.

Yes, but a month ago it could be gotten there for about $60.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I just came from my local game store and they told me it's officially over. Wow.
According to them, there has been an official announcement from WizKids. Just happened.

I've not yet checked the news forum, but I thought I'd follow up this thread first.

Edited because this feels a little reactionary: So, is this just a local rumor or can anyone verify? Nothing on the WizKids website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theclergy wrote:
I just came from my local game store and they told me it's officially over. Wow.
According to them, there has been an official announcement from WizKids. Just happened.

I've not yet checked the news forum, but I thought I'd follow up this thread first.

Edited because this feels a little reactionary: So, is this just a local rumor or can anyone verify? Nothing on the WizKids website.

That would be extremely odd seeing as how:

a) This game is extremely well regarded.

b) It HAS to be doing really well sales wise.

c) They only just came out with the latest expansion.

If it is indeed true, which I seriously doubt, then the only possible explanation is the Star Trek reimagination of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
BlueSwan wrote:
If it is indeed true, which I seriously doubt, then the only possible explanation is the Star Trek reimagination of the game.

I agree with you all the way. If Star Trek: Frontiers takes off and sells very well, I wouldn't be so surprised to see WizKids shuffle Mage Knight away... in a couple years. But it would seem quite premature to declare an end to the MK board game right now.

And even if they did decide to stop Mage Knight reprints right now, I wouldn't expect them to make a public announcement killing it off. What would be the benefit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, I was shocked!
I hope its not true.
Maybe they just and simply got it wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with the owner of DiceyGoblin.com and he told me that while it IS currently out of print he has been assured that a new print run is in the works and will be available in the relatively near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I hope the new printing comes soon. I finally decided to go ahead and get a solo game, heard how great this game is, saw the reviews talking about picking it up for 40-60, then went to Amazon tonight and it's 90 plus 62 for the expansion?! Ehh...Sorry, for that kind of price the components better look like Space Hulk's. Guess I'll wait a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a copy from Quiche Games for $62 including shipping. Cheapest by far anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Though it isn't the base game, I've been waiting for the Lost Legion expansion for a while. I just spotted 21 copies in stock at Cardhaus for a reasonable $33.99. Perhaps that means the base game is coming soon too.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/mage_knight_the_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eckes
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy via Math Trade a long time ago. If you're interested in being involved in the Math Trades here on BGG you can get a copy for not too bad. I think I traded a $50 amazon gift card for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the Star Trek: Frontiers link; I wasn't aware of the game until now.

WizKids are probably busy cobbling together working copies of Mage Knight from all the defective print runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
WizKids are probably busy cobbling together working copies of Mage Knight from all the defective print runs.

I want to see a WizKids Factory Outlet Store, where you can buy All Your Favorite Name Brands! Factory Seconds and Slight Defects, 75-90% Off Original Prices!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but you have to drive like 2 hours down the highway to some town called Lodi or Awknee or Haverwick. Sure you get a bunch of mage knight stuff and a new coach bag, but you're left eating at the gas station and wishing you did something more useful with your day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Autoduelist wrote:

I want to see a WizKids Factory Outlet Store, where you can buy All Your Favorite Name Brands! Factory Seconds and Slight Defects, 75-90% Off Original Prices!

Isn't that just their normal store -- lots of defects but at full MSRP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
thebaker1983 wrote:
I just bought a copy from Quiche Games for $62 including shipping. Cheapest by far anywhere.

I'll check that out tonight, thanks. I also found some local copies for 75 as a fall back if I get impatient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
Yeah but you have to drive like 2 hours down the highway to some town called Lodi or Awknee or Haverwick. Sure you get a bunch of mage knight stuff and a new coach bag, but you're left eating at the gas station and wishing you did something more useful with your day.

All true, except that I won't be eating at the gas station. I'll be full of fudge. It's not a proper outlet mall without a lot of fudge to layer over that vague feeling of regret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
details wrote:
Though it isn't the base game, I've been waiting for the Lost Legion expansion for a while. I just spotted 21 copies in stock at Cardhaus for a reasonable $33.99. Perhaps that means the base game is coming soon too.

That was quick -- the base game is now in stock there too. As of right now, 11 copies for $53.99.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/mage_knight_boar...

EDIT: Annnnddddd sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
details wrote:
details wrote:

That was quick -- the base game is now in stock there too. As of right now, 11 copies for $53.99.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/mage_knight_boar...

Woohoo! I know what I'm doing next weekend. laugh So much for waiting on the Star Trek one. But that's okay, I prefer fantasy theme anyways. I'll only be sorta regretful if you guys review the Star Trek one in May and say it's even better mechanics.

Edit: Doh, high shipping costs, but still comes out cheaper than local and lot better than Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
Well I am lucky as Hell! I started thinking about buying this game in November, which is the same time the price started to creep up on Amazon. I happened to look on eBay and someone was selling a "scratch and dent" copy -- luckily from a dealer with an excellent history and a guarantee that everything was included. I paid less than $50 shipped and it was BRAND NEW. The "damage" was simply to the plastic shrink wrap, it was otherwise new, AND it had all the pieces. Whoo!

From now on I'll be looking for "scratch and dent" copies of games on eBay to save money :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Scott
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel lucky as well, i got my copy for $32 back a few months ago when target was doing B2G1, then on top of that i got them to price match amazon so it lowered it even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Ocieczek
Poland
Sosnowiec
Śląskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the middle of 2015 there was a big issue with localisation of LL in eastern countries like Poland and Czech

Wizkids blocks it due to unrealistic minimal copies limit...
for Poland they want publisher to print 3 time more coppies of LL than they had print Base Set.

There are rumors in Poland than Vlaada withdrows from cooperation with Wizkids due to this (mainly due to the fact that the same issue was in Czech)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.