GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,448 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: I have the base game, what's next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought the base game sometime in 2013 and played it once, using the prebuilt decks as in the rulebook.

It was a lot of fun but I was buying game after game at the time and moved on.

Now with Star Wars mania in full effect, I'd like to come back to this.

Now, I have zero interest in "building a deck", so anything that includes prebuilt decks is a plus (or a must?). But things that add new mechanics or just cool cards/decks in general is what I'm looking for I guess. To be honest I really don't know a thing about the game other than the base game itself.

I'll be the only person supplying the cards and I'll just be playing with my girlfriend and my one other gaming buddy on occasion.

I guess I just want to know the next 2-3 things to pick up next. I plan on playing the base game a few times tomorrow and look forward to suggestions! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is anything that is pre built, but you can check out other peoples suggestions for builds and use those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Star Wars has the best deck building for people who don't want to build decks.

I would get Edge of Darkness and see how the two suggested decks there work (Smugglers and Spies, Scum and Villany decks). With that expansion, you should be able to keep at least four decks made (give or take) without needing a second Core set.

At that point, you're set long term, until you want to add in more objective sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Tom. If you are not interested in deck building or competitive gaming with it, just get Edge of Darkness. It will give you 6 factions, and possibly 6 playable decks from the rules. Out of the box, each faction has it's own feel and play style. Some people feel that they are unbalanced but I would disagree if you just have 1 box of each and are playing a 8-objective deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.