Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Li
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game and I'm still trying to understand how the cube tower works.

Let's say red attacks blue. Red has two cubes attacking and blue has one cube in the province to defend. These three cubes are tossed into the tower. One red and two blue cubes exit the tower. What happens?

There are more blue than red, therefore blue wins the combat. The winner loses as many cubes as the loser. Since the loser (red) began with two cubes and lost them, therefore blue loses two cubes as well. Since blue only had two cubes, therefore nobody wins this province. Is this right? Or, do we only look at how many cubes red has in the tray at the bottom of the tower, and therefore blue ends with one cube in the province?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John L
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you only consider what comes out of the tower in determining battle results ... in your example, blue would hold the territory with a single cube; the red cube and the second blue cube that came out of the tower are eliminated and put back in the tray.

You don't consider what you threw in determining results.

Cheers
jl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
klide wrote:
Or, do we only look at how many cubes red has in the tray at the bottom of the tower, and therefore blue ends with one cube in the province?

This is correct. Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
klide wrote:
Or, do we only look at how many cubes red has in the tray at the bottom of the tower, and therefore blue ends with one cube in the province?

This is correct. Great game!

i think just to be clear, the results of the battle are only what comes out of the tower. In your example, 2 blues, 1 red coume out. The 1 red and 1 blue would in turn cancel each other out and be returned to 'supply', they dont remain in the tray. The one blue would go back to the province. You will see many situations with what u put in, u get out a vast variety.

Let's say you were playing with 3 players, and in your example, you put in 2 red, 1 blue. If 1 red, 2 blue and 1 yellow come out. Than the yellow is pushed aside in this case, but would stay in the tray until the next combat where it's thrown back in...and you would have the same result as above(1 blue, 1 red cancel get returned to supply and the 1 blue is removed from the tray and put back on the province.).

Enjoy
-
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.