Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
For the second game of the night, Damon selected Cartagena (despite our turning off the priates music just as we began it.)

I wound up going first after we rolled for it, which I dislike doing.

From the beginning, Ben seemed to have the best position. Damon was collecting cards feverishly, but Ben had his men furthest up the board.

Moreover, it seemed to me that Damon was moving forward fewer spaces and back too many while collecting his cards.

I got in real trouble early, and never did catch up. I had trouble getting my last men on the board in good positions, and continually had to pass up opportunities to do so for fear of leaving Ben in a good spot.

Eliza, I felt, picked up the game very rapidly, especially the nuance of screwing me, the player on her left. I had very few opportunities for cheap card pickups.

Eliza was the first one to get two men in the boat, Damon and Ben each having one. But Eliza's other four were far back, while Ben's were by far the closest up.

But somehow the game turned towards the end. Damon began to skiillfully use his card surplus to get his men efficiently up the board.

Ben diagnosed that Damon was threatening before I did. Before we knew it, Damon was on the verge of victory.

Ben finished an easy second, then Eliza and I played the game out for third. She won by a move, and I pulled up in last.

Damon -- 1st
Ben -- 2nd
Eliza -- 3rd
Chuck -- 4th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.