GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,842 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Selling A:NR and buying more tiny plastic spaceships... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hawkass Taylor
msg tools
Since moving to a small town in Virginia I have been stuck in a three man meta with my kids. A year later and our Netrunner cards haven't been looked at, let alone played with. We have four core sets, two complete Genesis cycles and some Spin cycle cards plus a lot of tokens. I want to find a good home for them and use the funds to purchase myself some new X-Wings and maybe a Slave I (y'know, for the kids)...

What's the best way to find a buyer? These are early cards so I need to find a new player, I suppose? Should I split it up or sell as one big lot? I have never sold anything on BGG so I am wondering if I am going to suffer for not being trustworthy, any tips here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never sold on BGG, but you might have better luck selling a lot on eBay. Maybe split into two lots, each with 2 core sets (with tokens) and a Genesis cycle. Then add the Spin cycle cards to one of the lots.

Out of curiosity, which small town in Virginia is it? I'm in central VA myself and we have a pretty active game group with a number of Netrunner players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkass Taylor
msg tools
In the vicinity of Richmond, Newport News and Williamsburg but not really close enough to play on more than a once-a-month basis. We have a young baby and a large family and so getting out to just play a game like Netrunner (as opposed to more pre-teen friendly games) is hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
Serengaeth wrote:
In the vicinity of Richmond, Newport News and Williamsburg but not really close enough to play on more than a once-a-month basis. We have a young baby and a large family and so getting out to just play a game like Netrunner (as opposed to more pre-teen friendly games) is hard.

Totally understandable. Good luck with your selling!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any FB pages / groups for your local Netrunner "meta"? That's where I would start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.