Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.channel3000.com/news/10912298/detail.html?treets=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Martin
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
This above all: To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang!

There goes Marino's TD record.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thumbs up for everybody except mean old Jim!

Hell, thumbs up for Jim, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:

Kane,

I'm surprised you're so excited, being a Bears fan and all.

Whooo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
*sigh*

Don't fret. Millen will be gone and Cowher will be coaching the Lions in 2008.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bop517 wrote:
Favre4MVP wrote:

Kane,

I'm surprised you're so excited, being a Bears fan and all.

Whooo!

Nice one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
We should probably all bake cakes to celebrate this occasion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
i didn't even need to see the poster or the link to know what this was about... my wife just emailed me the same article and i had the exact same reaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ynnen wrote:
i didn't even need to see the poster or the link to know what this was about... my wife just emailed me the same article and i had the exact same reaction.

You wanted to bake a celebratory cake too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zonk67 wrote:
slowcorner wrote:
*sigh*

Don't fret. Millen will be gone and Cowher will be coaching the Lions in 2008.

That was actually a sigh of "one more year of Favre montage pieces and braindead commentators filling time with Favre anecdotes, etc. All while he's throwing crazy interceptions and looking confused half the time.

Besides, the Lions need more than Cowher. They need the whole Steelers front office. I've been saying for years we need to model our team after them. Balance + execution = playoffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
What type of cake do you think Aaron Rodgers is baking right now?

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What type of cake do you think Aaron Rodgers is baking right now?

Probably an awesome!-I-get-paid-to-sit-on-the-bench-again cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy about this too: Hopefully St.Brett will manage to repeat his amazing performance against the Rams, and fumble the ball inside of the 2 minute warning at the Rams 11.

Something tells me that everyone in packer nation wants that ball back.

I promise our run defense will let your third stringer run for over 100 yards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
I'm happy about this too: Hopefully St.Brett will manage to repeat his amazing performance against the Rams, and fumble the ball inside of the 2 minute warning at the Rams 11.

Something tells me that everyone in packer nation wants that ball back.

I do want that ball back. That ball could have put the Packers in the playoffs. I don't put that fumble on Favre though. That was a missed blocking assignment and he got blindsided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah!

Now... Who do we spend all that extra salary cap on?

**taking a huge breath and holding it**

Awesome... Now we can draft Farve in the Fantasy pool and trade him to Kane for other players again!

We need a St. Brett micro badge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike N.
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just glad he announced it early. He was killing the Packers draft moves by postponing his announcement every year, and the "Favre's staying" and "Favre's retiring" bits - after 7 years now - are pure tedium.

That said, I don't think it means much. The Packers 8 wins last year were against some pretty crappy teams. They might get a modest playoff berth with Favre.

Of course, without him, they get another top 10 draft pick...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, who's the thumbs Nazi? Like anything in this thread is that AWESOME or that lame. Yeesh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
That was actually a sigh of "one more year of Favre montage pieces and braindead commentators filling time with Favre anecdotes, etc. All while he's throwing crazy interceptions and looking confused half the time".

I'm with you all the way, Marc. The man was great once, but that was many Super Bowls ago. Won't stop the commentators from having multiple orgasms every time he steps onto the field, though.

And fire away with those thumbs downs, Cheeseheads! What the hell do I care? I've got my own problems--I root for the Giants! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"The thing about Brett Favre, I mean, as a player, you know, is that he really LOVES TO PLAY THE GAME." --Madden, Theismann, Summerall, etc.

Like no one else on the field loves to play the game...

I've heard about 5000 minor variations of that for the past 10 years. I'm done, ya hear? DONE!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=112

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I don't know... I think Brett has a good a chance at a ring as... say Trent Dilfer or Rex Grossman.
I could care less about his records (except maybe the consecutive starts).
Im just not ready to watch Packer's football with anyone other than Brett driving....
It would be like seeing my mom and dad having sex.... er... ok... not that bad,... but it would be bad.
gulp gulp shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
"The thing about Brett Favre, I mean, as a player, you know, is that he really LOVES TO PLAY THE GAME." --Madden, Theismann, Summerall, etc.

I've heard about 5000 minor variations of that for the past 10 years. I'm done, ya hear? DONE!

Yes... In comparison players like Michael Irving, T.O. and Randy Moss are shining examples of players playing for the love of the game. All the parading around in Escalades and mountains of bling bling show what great 'spirits' they have.

In today's leagues, where parity is so strong... and with good reason... a 15+ year tenure with a single team is a benchmark. So you'll forgive the 'Cheeseheads' for relishing the chance to allow our team's leader what ever he feels he deserves. IMO: In spite of any bad stats... His other stats and experience make him at least as good as 50% of the QB's in the league today.

Does that mean I like to listen to idiots like Madden, Theisman, or Simms wax eloquently about his accomplishments? No... and neither does Brett.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:
slowcorner wrote:

Yes... In comparison players like Michael Irving, T.O. and Randy Moss are shining examples of players playing for the love of the game. All the parading around in Escalades and mountains of bling bling show what great 'spirits' they have.

Okay, but what about in comparison to all the other players on the field when one of these comments get made. I'm okay with saying he's a great leader with infectious enthusiasm, but no, it's gotta be, "he really loves the game" every time. gulp

Quote:
In today's leagues, where parity is so strong... and with good reason... a 15+ year tenure with a single team is a benchmark. So you'll forgive the 'Cheeseheads' for relishing the chance to allow our team's leader what ever he feels he deserves. IMO: In spite of any bad stats... His other stats and experience make him at least as good as 50% of the QB's in the league today.

I've got no beef with the Cheeseheads or what they think. I was just jumping in with my take on the situation. Um, cheese on!

Quote:
Does that mean I like to listen to idiots like Madden, Theisman, or Simms wax eloquently about his accomplishments? No... and neither does Brett.

No, actually Brett listens to them all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.