GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,717 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Imperial Harvest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tie-breaker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Schultz
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played twice and both times we tied for victory points. I can't find anything in the rules for a tie break. I think in both games we also deposited the same number of berries, so that wouldn't help.

Maybe the Imperials win ties as the home team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
js3b wrote:
I have played twice and both times we tied for victory points. I can't find anything in the rules for a tie break. I think in both games we also deposited the same number of berries, so that wouldn't help.

Maybe the Imperials win ties as the home team?

The original rules (which originated from Royal Strawberries), said that if players were tied for Victory Points, whoever had the most strawberries is the winner. If players are tied for strawberries, whoever had the most items/equipment is the winner (NOTE: in Royal Strawberries, you an sell you strawberries and VP to purchase items/equipment). If players were still tied, according to the bylaws established in the "Feorhyrnan Imperial Codex" the tied players had to fight to the death, which is coincidentally how the fourth empress earned the title "Crimson Queen."

In Imperial Harvest, though, the game is intentionally lighter and more forgiving than Royal Strawberries (despite character being sacrificed to Hydras and what not); the focus is team vs. team (rather than every man for himself) and the gameplay is intentionally more approachable for novices and families. As such, we did not include a tie-breaker rule (if you tie, you are both winners...and also sort of losers).

But if you are playing by the more bloodthirsty RS rules (nothing wrong with that) it is VP > Total Starwberries > Deposited Strawberries > Equipment cards > Fight to the death and/or play a second game. devil

Assuming you used the RS rules, do you know who won?

Cheers and happy holidays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.