GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,720 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Powers with 1 Gold Cost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas PDX
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I want to use a power which costs 1 gold, must the gold be spent exclusively to use that power, or can it be the same gold used to put in play a 1 gold champion?

For instance:
- I put in play a 1 gold champion
- I play Flash Fire
-> Can I use the "Draw two cards" power which costs 1 gold considering that I already spent 1 gold to put the champion in play?

During play we decided you couldn't do this because it is a cost, not a trigger. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. You already spent your coin on a champion, you cannot use a power that costs an additional coin since you don't have one anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Put simply:
A:Do something is a cost.
A -> Do something is a trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yep, that's right. There is a trigger for "you spent gold elsewhere, now this thing happens" - but it's the ally trigger, marked by a faction symbol, then an arrow, then an effect.

For example, if you spend a gold to play a gold Wild card, your Fire Shaman will tap the surge of Wild energy to do 3 damage to a target.

If you ever saw a card with the text "1 Gold => Do a thing", that would work in the way you wondered about, by happening every time you spent gold on anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.