GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 2» Forums » General

Subject: Captain Britain plays great and horrible??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now played with every new card in the SW2 expansion and love it. The Jean Grey card doesn't even bug me too much! However, I was excited to begin playing specific teams, mainly the Illuminati. When Captain Britain's cards came up, I realized most of his cards (plus recruit/attack with different teams) were not going to benefit the game I was playing, which is unfortunate. You would think he would have better synergy with his own team, but he doesn't. However, I believe he will shine most with heroes/villains from different teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zugli wrote:
I have now played with every new card in the SW2 expansion and love it. The Jean Grey card doesn't even bug me too much! However, I was excited to begin playing specific teams, mainly the Illuminati. When Captain Britain's cards came up, I realized most of his cards (plus recruit/attack with different teams) were not going to benefit the game I was playing, which is unfortunate. You would think he would have better synergy with his own team, but he doesn't. However, I believe he will shine most with heroes/villains from different teams.

Shield is a team too, so his cards are balanced from the start and you get 2 attack/recruit from those cards. Therefore all you need is another team for his card to become good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To be fair, it's not like the people in the Illuminati really like each other. Makes sense that they don't have the best teamwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
To be fair, it's not like the people in the Illuminati really like each other. Makes sense that they don't have the best teamwork.

It is a bizarre theme for him. He is a rethemed Captain America. I would have preferred to see cards based on his actual powers, not just his affinity for teamwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll take him on my team any day. I love heroes who are good at recruit and attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on trying him again soon with possibly Colossus, and Soulsword Colossus. I might also throw in Juggernaut, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage to try and get a Strength / Covert thing going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread we were seeing how good we could get Captain Britain in an ideal scenario. We got up to 10 different teams in play at once. Can we go higher?

runnestrand wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
runnestrand wrote:
Also, there may be a way to push CB past 8, but without pulling out 3 boxes of Legendary cards, I'm not going to be able to think of it right now.

Thor Corps as one of the Henchman groups, and no Avengers in the Hero deck.

Nice! I forgot about the Villains that turn into heroes. There are X-Men and Avengers that do that, right? So

Villain deck:
X-Men
Avengers

Hero Deck (5 players):
Spider-Friends
Marvel Knights
X-Force
Fantastic Four
Guardians of the Galaxy
Illuminati

Outside help:
SHIELD
Hydra

So Captain Britain can give 10 attack per card! God save the Queen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, with that scheme where you put a hero in the villain deck or something like that. You could add cabal or any of the villain affiliations and you get to 11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played again this morning with mostly heroes from different teams (captain Britain-Illuminati, Black Bolt-Illuminati, Domino-X-Force, Iron Fist-MK, and Agent Venom-Spider Friends) along with Maria Hill and the Hydra base cards. Captain Britain played amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jorrit jorrit
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhythmic wrote:
I plan on trying him again soon with possibly Colossus, and Soulsword Colossus. I might also throw in Juggernaut, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage to try and get a Strength / Covert thing going.

Jessica Jones and Luke cage are in the set? Doesn't ring a Bell..help me out here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhythmic wrote:

To clarify:
Colossus - Dark City
Soulsword Colossus - Secret Wars 2
Juggernaut - Villains
Jessica Jones - Custom http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1351678/dan-hogans-customs-j...
Luke Cage - Custom http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1042946/derares-custom-card-...

EDIT: Added links for customs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jorrit jorrit
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AH, that explains a lot! Started to doubt myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.