GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,435 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Magic Realm» Forums » General

Subject: At last!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to share with you fellow gamers the joy for receiving a shrinkwrapped second ed of my Grail Game for Christmas!!!!
Thanks to my Brother!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, still in shrink, quite a find. Good luck on your journey learning and playing this giant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Gordonsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Can't we settle this over a pint?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That is an awesome present!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the realm, Robert.

It has been a 36 year obsession for me about which I have no regrets, (almost) only fond memories.

As I saw it put best...
"If I had to summarize Magic Realm in one thought, it would be that Magic Realm hates you. It hates you, your character, your family, friends, and everything you hold dear in life. It is a deadly place, and it will laugh at your meager attempts to survive within it. You will be eaten by dragons, crushed by trolls, stabbed to death by hobgoblins, turned into a fog, be blinded trying to read a book, cursed to never heal, or backstabbed by a group of NPCs in a trade gone wrong. Just when you think you've gotten the inside track on surviving, the game will find a new way to kill you."

Ahhhh... perfection....

Quote shamelessly stolen from
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Ruben! Have fun!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Wow amazing! You have a truly generous brother!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad that you got it. Now what are you missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now begins a 36-year quest to learn to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Barcelona_(1713–14)
badge
https://spanishpolice.github.io
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Farrington
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well put, "Magic Realm hates you." I had this game in the early 80's and at one point I mailed several rules questions to Avalon Hill. All were addressed, but I remember one in particular. I'd asked about coming upon monsters in caves and said something like, "It seems almost a sure death to find a monster in a cave." The reply was simply, "Exactly!"

That was the point, to mimic what it would truly be like to try to survive in that environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.