GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,855 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Expat Can't Unload Twice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Shanahan
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing on the app. I've got Assault Rifle, Pride, and Prejudice out. I play the one shot, Unload, which lets me use as many Powers as I have guns in play. I fire off the weapons. For my power phase, I use my Load ability to play a card: my second Unload.

But the app sends it straight to the trash rather than letting me use the three powers again.

My guess is that this is based on the Unload wording: "This turn you may use as many powers as you have guns in play." So, by the strictest reading of that, had I already used my three Powers this turn, and was not entitled to more by playing the second Unload?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shanahan wrote:

My guess is that this is based on the Unload wording: "This turn you may use as many powers as you have guns in play." So, by the strictest reading of that, had I already used my three Powers this turn, and was not entitled to more by playing the second Unload?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Shanahan wrote:
Playing on the app. I've got Assault Rifle, Pride, and Prejudice out. I play the one shot, Unload, which lets me use as many Powers as I have guns in play. I fire off the weapons. For my power phase, I use my Load ability to play a card: my second Unload.

But the app sends it straight to the trash rather than letting me use the three powers again.

It's also worth noting that only an explicit command can allow you to re-use a power that's been used already that turn (Ie if you use Prejudice followed by Pride, Pride's text would allow you to use Prejudice again) so even if the ap did give you 3 more powers they would have to be 3 different powers from the ones you used previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.