Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if there is an estimated date when these games will start shipping.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Ottery
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know for absolute certainty, but I've heard that it's expected in the UK mid-Feb. Guess that means a couple of weeks.

I'm busy waiting on it myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elegwen O\\\'Maoileoin
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello fellows,

Just thought I'd drop an update. The game is en route from manufacturing in China. Without hitches it should be in stores first week of March, though we may fly in some sooner to get out to our pre-ordered fans.

Delays are, unfortunately, an apparent biproduct of dealing with China. In fact, our next games will be with an American manufacturer due to the delay factor.

Cheers
Elegwen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tehuti wrote:
In fact, our next games will be with an American manufacturer due to the delay factor.

I expect the weak dollar might tempt quite a few people to do this. I hope.

I'm very interested in this game, but the $70 is a tough pill to swallow.

--Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Johannesson
Sweden
Malmoe
Skane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So those of us who have pre-ordered the game at Golden Laurel can expect shipment in late february is everything goes as planned?

That sounds really nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elegwen O\\\'Maoileoin
Canada
flag msg tools
Manufacturing and such stuff
As Galactic Destiny is our first game, there has been much learned concerning manufacturers. I recommend anyone developing out there do as much extensive research as possible into previous customers of a manufacturer you are going with.

Quality has not been a problem. We have seen only quality products from all the manufacturers we've looked at. Manufacturing concerns are about timing, deadline meeting ability and shipping. It's hard to get a clear idea from someone if they can meet deadlines if you have never worked with them before. Plus, humans being as we are, have an aptitude for changeability , which as we have seen can cause complications. I do look forward to manufacturing in America for many reasons. Though my family is from Dublin and I am quite Canadian, our friends to the south produce fine craftmanship. I own Cutco knives, and they are some of the finest things I have seen

Anyway, these are just some things I have learned in publishing Galactic Destiny. It will be out to our pre-orders (you guys as customers) and our pre-sales to distributors first and foremost. I look forward to hearing all your opinions.

cheers,
Elegwen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.