GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,066 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Dexikon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Game timing question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Kansiewicz
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played two solo games so far and I am trying to make sure I am playing correctly.
The doesn't refresh until after I draw a new hand, so the penalties are going to sit there until the end of the next turn. Or do they go to my discard as soon as they are revealed if I don't have an"L"?
Thanks!
I love the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the rules are written, the refresh happens first, then you draw your new hand, then you gain (to your discard pile) all Penalties from the pool (or put them in the Penalty stack if you have an L in your hand).

Mechanically it would be almost identical to draw your new hand, then refresh the pool and resolve any newly revealed Penalty cards. The difference comes about because when you refresh the pool in solo play, you get to choose one card to keep in the pool (the rest are returned).

I ordered things so that you'd make the decision about which pool card to 'save' without knowing what your next hand would be, mostly to keep things simple and streamlined. If you know what your next hand will be, the decision about which card to save feels a bit more important - having the knowledge makes you 'responsible' for making the best choice, whereas if your next hand is unknowable the decision is a lot less stressful.

That said, the game belongs to you now, so feel free to have redraw before refresh! If you find it works better, please share your experience here

It's wonderful to hear that you love Dexikon - I've been smiling for much of the day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.