Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this for the first time today and I must say that the 90 minutes listed here on BGG is crazy. I read the rules, taught the game to 2 other people, and then played 2 games in 60 minutes. Our 2nd game, once we all knew how to play, lasted 15 minutes.

Just thought I'd point this out so people aren't put off by the 90 minutes. At 90 minutes this game would be a terrible drag. At 15-30 minutes it's a fun little filler. Think 'No Thanks' with a bit of meat on it. Perhaps even extra cheese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huzonfirst
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree, Kane. I have no idea where the 90 minute duration comes from. In fact, the box says 45 minutes and that may be pushing it. We probably average about half an hour.

I also think this game really shines with fewer players. With five or six, there isn't much control, but with three or four, you've got a quick game full of angst and tough decisions. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, true. Maybe it would take 90 minutes if you decided ahead of time to speak backwards and only in riddles. I played with 5, and even then it didn't take long at all. I can see how the game would be better with less. Also, should the player on your right decide to bale and collect chips every turn, you are pretty much doomed for the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:
Just thought I'd point this out so people aren't put off by the 90 minutes.

I don't think I've looked at those estimated times since 2004. They're pretty inaccurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huzonfirst
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also, should the player on your right decide to bale and collect chips every turn, you are pretty much doomed for the rest of the game.

That's true, but then he has no chance of winning either. And you could always threaten to tie him to the railroad tracks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Denney
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only the game could approach 90 minutes is with 5 players that really took their time. I think the key to the game is playing it like a filler, and not spending 10 minutes considering what to do.

One of my favorite smaller games, by the way. I always enjoy it, despite the constant confusion over the color/border distinctions every time we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.