GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Ars Victor - Half Price Books - $19.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at a Half Price Books today and they had Ars Victor for $19.99. They only had one (South Hulen in Fort Worth, TX (south of 20)), but this may be in other stores. I couldn't find it here because I spelled the name wrong, but I figured it was worth a chance.

This was in shrinkwrap and in the "20% of list price new games" area. That area is not a deal at all, though it did have what looked to be a Pathfinder base set and another expansion as well as Dixit and some other things.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else finds this at other HPB stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
South Center WA HPBs has them too. (Same price)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw four copies in the north side Oklahoma City store before xmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Vacek
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Half Price Books (HPB) in Houston also had multiple copies of Ars Victor. (I was at 3 different stores in one weekend.)

I also saw a shrinkwrapped copy of Space Junk at the HPB in Copperfield, along with several other old war games from the 80s.

Each of the HPB stores also had new copies of popular games on display, including Munchkin Pathfinder, Dixit, 7 Wonders, and a few other Munchkin and Adventure Time titles. They also had the Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
vacekrae wrote:
The Half Price Books (HPB) in Houston also had multiple copies of Ars Victor. (I was at 3 different stores in one weekend.)

I also saw a shrinkwrapped copy of Space Junk at the HPB in Copperfield, along with several other old war games from the 80s.

Each of the HPB stores also had new copies of popular games on display, including Munchkin Pathfinder, Dixit, 7 Wonders, and a few other Munchkin and Adventure Time titles. They also had the Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set.
Ditto in Pittsburgh (South Hills Village)

Ars Victor for $19.99
Space Junk
Dixit
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Wrath of the Righteous – Base Set
Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game

And I think they're having a 20% off sale through the end of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, spotted at both HPB's in Louisville, KY. Your post about it got more love than mine did soblue

/not actually upset
//Ars Victor seems pretty cool actually, although first game took > 1 hour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found in Florence KY. With the extra 20% off store wide sale, it was only $15.99 before tax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Cantrell
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post OP! Ran by the closest HPB (Las Colinas, TX) on lunch today and they had 3 or 4 copies there, with the 20% off that's a seriously good deal. I'd been eyeing this one for a while and never picked it up. Once again procrastination pays off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
And I think they're having a 20% off sale through the end of the year.

Per a HPB email, today is the last day of the 20% off everything sale, but they have them fairly regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.