GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,144 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
576 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: A Few Good Men - Game Over - EVIL WINS! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to a Beowulf production of:

DTG: 021153UFEB07

TO: JAG

SUBJ: Personnel casualty at GTMO, Cuba.

1. PVT Santiago USMC, was found dead in his bunk on the morning of 31JAN07.

2. LCPL Dawson USMC, and PFC Downey USMC are currently being detained in relation to this incident.

3. Please investigate and advise.

Very respectfully submitted,
Commander, Marine Forces Atlantic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A Few Good Men
Rating: R, for Language.

Premieres: March 5th, 2007.

Rule #1: If you cannot be around to play this game, then please do not sign up. Seriously. I don't care if this is your bestest, favorite-est movie of all time and you can recite it verbatim including timestamps. I'm looking forward to some quality role-playing from righteously indignant Marines. There are tons of great lines in this film. If you cannot be around to play, then do not sign up.

- EACH PLAYER MUST MAKE AT LEAST ONE MEANINGFUL POST TO THE THREAD EACH DAY, or you will be replaced immediately.[/b] "Meaningful" is up to my discretion, so make it good. "Hi, just checking in" does not qualify. Notifications of availability issues posted to the public thread in advance will be taken into account.

- Roles will be revealed on death, both by lynch and by night kill. If a Martyr dies in the night, only the wolves will know if that person did so to protect someone else. For example: assuming Kaffee is still alive, if the wolves target Dawson, then they will know his identity if Kaffee shows up dead in the morning. The village will not know if the wolves targeted Kaffee or Dawson.

- Only Wolves will have the ability to PM.

Important Times

- Lynch time will be 9:00 PM CST (BGG time).

- Night orders are due at 11:00 PM CST (BGG time). Failure to submit night orders will result in a forfeiture of your action for that night. Don't pull a "Royalwulf" and forget to submit. Enter your orders early, include conditionals if you'd like, and revise them as desired. I'll use the last ones submitted. I will wait the full two hours before dawn, so that inferences may not be made as to who was available to submit orders.

Voting

- The deadline minute will count. Votes posted at 9:00 PM will affect the tally. Votes posted at 9:01 PM will not.

- Players may vote for nightfall. If a majority of players vote for nightfall such that the outcome is assured, then it will be done. You cannot change your vote or unvote nightfall once you have done so. Dawn will not be posted early unless there is a unanimous vote (again, I don't want any inferences to be made about who might have been present to submit orders).

- Any ties will be broken by the Longest Held Vote (LHV). Sniping is encouraged possible. You are Marines, after all. Most of you are, anyway.

Roles

Good

LCPL Harold W. Dawson, USMC. Knows the identity of PFC Downey only. Will be protected by martyr-role LT Kaffee if targeted for a night kill (and if Kaffee is still alive). Does not know the identity of LT Kaffee. If both Dawson and Downey are killed, evil wins regardless of the number of remaining players. Does not know the identity of any of the other players.

PFC Louden Downey, USMC. Knows the identity of LCPL Dawson only. Will be protected by martyr-role LCDR Galloway if targeted for a night kill (and if Galloway is still alive). Does not know the identity of LCDR Galloway. If both Dawson and Downey are killed, evil wins regardless of the number of remaining players. Does not know the identity of any of the other players.

LT Daniel Kaffee, USN. Martyr. Knows the identity of LCPL Dawson only. If Dawson is targeted for a night kill, LT Kaffee (if alive) will be killed instead. Does not know the identity of any of the other players.

LCDR JoAnne Galloway, USN. Martyr. Knows the identity of PFC Downey only. If Downey is targeted for a night kill, LCDR Galloway (if alive) will be killed instead. Does not know the identity of any of the other players.

LT Sam Weinberg, USN. Standard Seer role. Each night, can submit the name of one player to learn "Wolf/Non-Wolf." Receives a random, negative N0 view. The N0 view could be of any non-Wolf player, including the Sorceror.

Marines (5). Members of Marine Rifle Battalion Windward, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (plain villagers).

Evil

CAPT Jack Ross, USMC. Standard Sorceror role. Each night, can submit the name of one player to learn "Seer/Non-Seer." Receives a random, negative N0 view. The N0 view could be of any non-Seer player, including a Wolf. Wins if the wolves win.

1LT Jonathan Kendrick, USMC. Standard wolf. Has PM rights with the other wolves.

LTCOL Matthew A. Markinson, USMC. Informant wolf. Has PM rights with the other wolves. If lynched on or after D4, will reveal the identity of a remaining wolf, in the following order: 1LT Kendrick, COL Jessep (if Kendrick is not alive). Will not reveal any information if targeted for the night kill at any time.

COL Nathan R. Jessep, USMC. Tough wolf. Has PM rights with the other wolves. Will require two lynches in order to be killed. COL Jessep has to be Tough, because if he is found by a lynch, he needs the next day to unload with "You can't handle the truth!"

Victory Conditions

The village wins if all of the wolves are dead.

Evil wins if:

- At any time, both LCPL Dawson and PFC Downey are dead, regardless of the remaining number of players;

- The number of the wolves outnumbers the non-wolf players (including the Sorceror)

Credits

This one pretty much sprang from my head fully-formed, like Athena from the skull of Zeus. However, I do want to thank Kimapesan for looking it over, and for his recommendation for the number of players to include (14).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List

1. arkibet - LT Weinberg, killed N1
2. bluebehir - LTCOL Markinson
3. bwt2q - LCDR Galloway
4. dbmurph22 - LT Kaffee, killed N4
5. GrimJester - COL Jessep
6. kristiefix - LCPL Dawson, killed N5
7. kuchick - CAPT Ross, killed N2
8. lastchance - Marine, lynched D2
9. LuckayLuck - Marine, lynched D5
10. Luthien - Marine, killed N3
11. RoyalFlush - PFC Downey, lynched D6
12. Rukasu - Marine, lynched D4
13. whirlinghurly - 1LT Kendrick, lynched D1
14. Xandryyte - Marine, lynched D3

1st Alternate:
2nd Alternate:
3rd Alternate:
(etc.)

Role List

LCPL Dawson
PFC Downey
LT Kaffee
LCDR Galloway
LT Weinberg
Marine
Marine
Marine
Marine
Marine

CAPT Ross
1LT Kendrick
LTCOL Markinson
COL Jessep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You want me in?

You can't handle me in!

In.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, this one looks good.

I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
DTG: 021153UFEB07

To: JAG

SUBJ: Personnel casualty at GTMO, Cuba.

1. PVT Santiago USMC, was found dead in his bunk on the morning of 31JAN07.

2. LCPL Dawson USMC, and PFC Downey USMC are currently being detained in relation to this incident.

3. Please investigate and advise.

Very respectfully submitted,
Commander, Marine Forces Atlantic

Unclassified? I would have thought that at least to be restricted?
Or is that us receiving the message through the comm centre - because then your time stamp is off? Or is 'U' like zulu, only something I don't get?

OK, in if I can be around to play Need to check.
When IS IT? (Found no Cassie of it, I assume you are doing that now )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
Rule #1: If you cannot be around to play this game, then please do not sign up.

Read and understood, SIR! Reporting for duty, SIR!

Beowulf wrote:
- Night orders are due at 11:00 PM CST (BGG time). Failure to submit night orders will result in a forfeiture of your action for that night. Don't pull a "Royalwulf" and forget to submit.

[xand snickers...]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
beo, i'm in, unless you think i don't participate enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkromm wrote:
beo, i'm in, unless you think i don't participate enough

mwahahahahahaha.

Oh. You weren't joking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
Beowulf wrote:
- Night orders are due at 11:00 PM CST (BGG time). Failure to submit night orders will result in a forfeiture of your action for that night. Don't pull a "Royalwulf" and forget to submit.

Eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you know...

kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lardarse wrote:
Beowulf wrote:

Eh?

Janiera's "Trojan War" game.

Beo and I were the wolves.

Well... neither of us submitted a night kill for the first night, whoops!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:
Unclassified? I would have thought that at least to be restricted?

Hee, hee. It should be classified.

bluebehir wrote:
Or is that us receiving the message through the comm centre - because then your time stamp is off? Or is 'U' like zulu, only something I don't get?

"U" is the military designation for being eight hours behind Zulu time -- in other words, Pacific Standard (non-Daylight Savings) Time. That construct is a date-time group: starts with the date (02), then the time (1153, which is when I began writing that post), the time zone ("Uniform," or "U," which is eight hours behind GMT), then the month, and lastly the year.

Bluebehir wrote:
OK, in if I can be around to play Need to check.
When IS IT? (Found no Cassie of it, I assume you are doing that now )

I drafted up these rules this afternoon, then headed out with the family. Now I'm looking for a suitable, non-congested date.

In an IM, Bluebehir wrote:
Wolves can kill wolves? Role reveal on death?

Yes, wolves can kill wolves. It is my hope as D4 approaches, that the wolves agonize on whether to kill Markinson. Should he commit suicide in order to avoid being exposed further, or should they leave him alive in the hopes that they can achieve parity sooner?

Roles will be revealed on death (both lynch and night kill). I'll update the rules to reflect this intent. If the wolves successfully target Dawson, then they will know it if Kaffee shows up dead in the morning. The village will not know if the wolves targeted Dawson or not.

Note that the possibility of an instant win for the wolves if both Dawson and Downey are killed should be a severe deterrent for an "all reveal" plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
arkibet
bluebehir
bwt2q
dbmurph22
GrimJester
kristiefix
kuchick
lastchance
LuckayLuck
Luthien
RoyalFlush
Rukasu
whirlinghurly
Xandryyte

14 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1496...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:

Note that the possibility of an instant win for the wolves if both Dawson and Downey are killed should be a severe deterrent for an "all reveal" plan.

Instant win in four nights. But if we can kill the wolves in three lynches....

But an all reveal breaks the spirit of the movie... er, game.
Hey I found this, want to share.

http://www.gamedecay.com/sounds/jacknich.mp3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:
Instant win in four nights. But if we can kill the wolves in three lynches...

Oh, really? You forget the presence of the Tough Wolf. It's gonna take you four lynches to kill three wolves.

If you do an all-reveal, you'd better get every lynch right. One misstep and you lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why two normal marines step in as Dawson and Downey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:

...which LT Kaffee and LCDR Galloway might suspect are wolves or the Sorceror trying to draw out the real targets.

Tell you what: I'll let the rest of you discuss viable strategies after the game starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
bluebehir wrote:

...which LT Kaffee and LCDR Galloway might suspect are wolves or the Sorceror trying to draw out the real targets.

Tell you what: I'll let the rest of you discuss viable strategies after the game starts.

I followed mine through a little with you in IM, and it has problems. All role reveal is only good for wolves, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:
Beowulf wrote:
bluebehir wrote:

I followed mine through a little with you in IM, and it has problems. All role reveal is only good for wolves, I think.

Play any way you like. Reveal, don't reveal. It's too late, I signed up.

Your boys are going down Blue... I can't stop it anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, Colonal Murph DB Jessup.
I will show that you WANT to reveal yourself.
You WANT to show how tough you are.

And it is YOU that will take the fall.
Good to see you on board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:
I'm sorry, Colonal Murph DB Jessup.

Pssst... Blue, he quoted Jack, not Gessup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I haven't watched it in a long time - and I have poor character assosciation skills.
I am on the money for plot devices though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Guffey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
Im in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.