GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,724 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Squad Leader» Forums » General

Subject: Un-Scrambling Collection, Counter Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Krigbaum
United States
JBER
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm un-scrambling my Squad Leader collection with the aim of getting a good idea of completeness and have found some strange counters. I have had this for several years and don't remember the details from when I purchased it. I think it was one large lot I bought at a convention around 2003 or 2004. I was expecting 2 sets of 4th edition Squad Leader, plus one each of the expansions Cross of Iron, Crescendo of Doom, and GI Anvil of Victory, as well as scenario packs 100, 200, and Rogue plus some scenarios from The General (I have issues v15 no 6 and v 17 no2), plus scenarios L, M, and N, and the Tournament set.

I have what looks like a complete set of the Vehicle and Fortification sheet from the base game, but they are punched backwards. I also have some counters from the expansions that are colored on both sides, including what appears to be several Cross of Iron counters that are colored on both sides and punched backwards. Any ideas what these may be?

It also seems like there are more than there should be. I thought each box set came with one of each sheet of counter. So far I have found 2 sheets of the neutral armor and ordnance from Doom, what will probably turn in to two sheets of Infantry A from Cross, what may be a third base set (although punched backwards), and some other unexpected extras that may turn into more as I go.

I only have boxes, maps, rules, and quick reference sheets for what I was expecting. This extra stuff (if it is indeed extra) won't be complete sets due to missing boxes/maps/rules/reference sheets.

Any insight is appreciated. I'm already going cross-eyed and hunch backed from all this sorting and I haven't even really begun the infantry yet; all those tiny counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you post pics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krigbaum
United States
JBER
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the image quality; I am using my Kindle as my wife is at work and has the camera. Hopefully it is decent enough to show what I am asking about.

First image shows counters from the base game. The top row are the "backwards" punched ones, bottom are normal.

Second photo shows counters from Cross of Iron. As you can see the backs are also blue. Most of the armor/vehicle counters I am seeing, and all of the sheet scans I found online to help with this, have white backs. Only infantry and artillery and ordnance have colored backs.

Third photo shows the colored backs with "backwards" punching. I think these are also from Cross of Iron. There are quite a few like this and they were not only punched through the wrong way but off center as well. Some of these look unusable and they are definitely difficult to sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a base SL with backward punched counters. There's nothing special about the units they represent, they're just printed back to front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never liked the backwards punched counters... They just don't "feel" right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.