GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,469 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: which flight stands? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have looked at a bunch and I didn't want to miss any that I might not have seen. So far the mini flight stands from litko seem to me to be the best solution as they do not take up a lot of space on the table. My only grip is that I can not order a pack with a different height. (might have to cut them) Thanks for any insight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the breakdown of ship types? Thinking of leaving the fighters but using the stands for dreads and cruisers might be the fiscal answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baker996 wrote:
Anyone know the breakdown of ship types? Thinking of leaving the fighters but using the stands for dreads and cruisers might be the fiscal answer

8 scouts/small
4 cruisers/medium
2 dreadnaughts/large

x 6 players

The larger ships may block the views of the smaller ones on the board. However, this may indeed be more feasible to do from a cost perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or I could raise the scouts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baker996 wrote:
Is cost that big of a factor? I don't know just how much they cost. You are looking at..
8 vs. 6... x6 means 48 vs. 36.

I don't know if they make "trays" that support multiple objects per flight stand, but that would cut down on costs.

AFAIK, the trays for the cubes on the mat at $15 each is still the most costly accessory there is for this game, although one person found a more inferior, but cheaper plastic "wire frame" design at only $8 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Woodhouse
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe glue magnets on bottom of eaxh model, then get a few stands, and glue magnets on those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Locke Balenska
msg tools
ackmondual wrote:

I don't know if they make "trays" that support multiple objects per flight stand, but that would cut down on costs.

They do: http://www.litko.net/products/Fleet-Movement-Stands.html#.Vo...

At $8 for 3, I don't know if it is really cutting down on costs though.

ackmondual wrote:

AFAIK, the trays for the cubes on the mat at $15 each is still the most costly accessory there is for this game, although one person found a more inferior, but cheaper plastic "wire frame" design at only $8 each.

Nah, there are definitely some much more expensive "accessories" out there - trays that cover the whole playerboard, box organizers, custom fleet models...

baker996 wrote:

As Ackmondual said, I think you will run into a problem of the big dreadnoughts and cruisers on stands blocking smaller stuff underneath. If you're playing smaller games of only 2-4 people, probably not a big deal. For larger games though where the galaxy is bigger, people are farther away (physically) and there's more ships on the board could be an issu.e
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It saves $12 and if I get the ship pack it would save $24

ackmondual wrote:
baker996 wrote:
Is cost that big of a factor? I don't know just how much they cost. You are looking at..
8 vs. 6... x6 means 48 vs. 36.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.