3 Posts

D-Day at Tarawa» Forums » General

Subject: Updates for D-Day at Tarawa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Butterfield
United States
flag msg tools
I just submitted a file with updated addenda for D-Day at Tarawa, incorporating all clarifications and corrections shared on BGG and CSW since I posted addenda in 2014. This new file is comprehensive. It also includes changes to address play balance and victory conditions. Thank you to the many players who have made suggestions and tried out my suggestions, which have lead to these changes. Here is a summary of the key revisions made:

- HQ units cannot be eliminated during landing and do not count as a step toward determining losses.

- The reinforce CC event is treated as no event if drawn by the US side.

- The second requirement for a position hex being secure is that all position hexes projecting intense fire into that hex are US occupied.

- US engineer units must be in a hex in US communication and not in an enemy field of fire to generate support markers (they need not be in a beach hex).

- Victory in the two-day scenario requires securing all positions in three island zones, one of which must be zone A or F, plus at least ten positions in other zones.

- Japanese units do not gain depth during the counterattack event.

All these changes, as well as other clarifications, are now in the official addenda.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
flag msg tools
The file is here:
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
msg tools
The reinforce CC event is treated as no event if drawn by the US side.

This makes a huge difference. Thanks for the update. I am in the middle of playing my first play through of the game and that event will make a big difference on CC.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.