GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third/fourth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Roadblock tokens and event cards mismatch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pavel Kourganov
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

My version of the game contains 8 roadblock tokens and 3 Roadblock event cards. Is it correct?

Because for other components number of tokens match exactly the maximum that can exist on the board. Say, there are 2 "Stormy Seas" event card that can place 3 token each, so I have 6 stormy seas tokens. There is two Bats Encounter cards and two bats tokens. There is 2 Fog Encounter cards that can place one or two tokens each, and then I have 4 Fog tokens. There is one Sacred Ground Event card and three Heavenly Host item cards – with same number of corresponding tokens. Everything matches to the maximum number – with except for Roadblocks.

Theoretically Dracula could have all three Roadblock tokens on the hand and mature two spy Encounters on the same Hideout. So Dracula might require 11 Roadblock tokens in this (extremely hypothetical) case. And this is the only Dracula Event type that has three copies.

The fact that I have only 8 tokens makes me suspect that my version of the game has extra Roadblock Event card but misses some other Dracula Event card (I have 25 of them totally, which is correct).

Does your version of the game have same issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know off the top of my head - but these are double sided so it may be that high due to the mix of road and RR blocks. It is also possible they had need of more but changed some of the cards that required less and didn't feel it necessary to go and change the cardboard tokens. I would imagine you have the correct mix of cards, regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dertarr wrote:
Hi,

My version of the game contains 8 roadblock tokens and 3 Roadblock event cards. Is it correct?

Because for other components number of tokens match exactly the maximum that can exist on the board. Say, there are 2 "Stormy Seas" event card that can place 3 token each, so I have 6 stormy seas tokens. There is two Bats Encounter cards and two bats tokens. There is 2 Fog Encounter cards that can place one or two tokens each, and then I have 4 Fog tokens. There is one Sacred Ground Event card and three Heavenly Host item cards – with same number of corresponding tokens. Everything matches to the maximum number – with except for Roadblocks.

Theoretically Dracula could have all three Roadblock tokens on the hand and mature two spy Encounters on the same Hideout. So Dracula might require 11 Roadblock tokens in this (extremely hypothetical) case. And this is the only Dracula Event type that has three copies.

The fact that I have only 8 tokens makes me suspect that my version of the game has extra Roadblock Event card but misses some other Dracula Event card (I have 25 of them totally, which is correct).

Does your version of the game have same issue?

I also have 3 roadblock cards and 8 tokens. I assume this is correct as according to the component inventory in the learn to play guide, 8 is the correct number of tokens and I have the correct total numbers of event cards (75).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Kourganov
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, my version also has four copies of "Hired Scouts" Event Card which is also unique for Hunter Event cards. Perhaps this is not normal too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Kourganov
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8 tokens match only two event cards + two Spy encounters. It is indeed possible that FFG intended to put only two of those events but due to some misprint or somehow else something got replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Mckinney
United States
Willington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I think that is just what comes in the box. Several FFG games say to use coins or tokens if you run short of an item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.