GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,302 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Unknown Game ("non-concur"): Anyone know it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lenny Bound
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hey all. This is my first post on the site, so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum.

A friend of mine was at a thrift store a few months back and came across a board game that he'd never seen before. It was quite cheap and so he picked it up. After seeing it at his place I searched around online for information on it, but couldn't find any evidence of its existence. I am posting because I was hoping that someone else might be able to shed some light on it.

Looking at the box it seems that the game was produced, created, and published by "Clayton & Dubilier, Inc" after a difficult and lengthy leveraged buyout of "Lexmark, Inc", which handles the printer and printer supply operations of IBM. As it says on the side of the box:

"The Lexmark transaction was really just a game. Here's a distilled version of the transaction in a real-life, action-packed, hand-wringing, heavily-negotiated, bare-knuckled, shameless game that will allow you to remember this endless nightmare for years to come."

The contents of the game are also quite strange. It is full of inside jokes that (I assume) only someone who was working for Clayton & Dubilier, Inc during the buyout would understand. Also the in-game currency is composed out of actual defunct currencies from Ireland and Brazil.

With all of that said, my primary questions are the following: (1) Does anyone know anything about this game? (2) Does anyone know if the printing of board games by corporate entities (e.g. Clayton & Dubilier, Inc) is a fairly regular occurrence, or is this a relatively rare type of game (i.e. the board game equivalent of "Pepsi Invaders")?

Here are some pictures. If anyone is interested in more detailed shots of specific features, feel free to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Hi,
I don't have any info about this game, but definitely enter it in the database. In the "Misc" menu just below the search bar, choose board game from the "Add to database" section. As far as special corporate-produced board games, I've seen some. One example is The Creditor's Deal, a game created and produced by a law firm for its employees and clients. There are also some fairly obscure corporate versions of Monopoly, and a takeoff on Clue published by U.S. Bancorp: Customer Clues. So I'd say there are some other corporate-produced things out there, but maybe more promoting the corporation that satirizing it. That's all I've got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.