GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Mega Man: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: games start shipping this week? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised no one mentioned this. I did not back this game, honestly I remember hearing the hubbub at the beginning of this year and totally forgot about it until I saw the status on Facebook this morning. Looks like the boxes are arriving today or tomorrow and they plan to start shipping by Wednesday.

Congrats to all you patient faithful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with most Kickstarter projects that experience long delays, I suspect backers will believe it when it is actually in their hands.

Having said that, I definitely prefer news that it's about to ship over having no news at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interestingly enough, I just got a similar update from another delayed project that I did back (Japanime Games Tanto Cuore: Oktoberfest, though this one is only ONE year behind). They, too, are getting their shipment tomorrow to start shipping shortly. Wonder if they were coming from the same printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
I continually forget I even backed this until I get an email about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the update today, and I'm excited that they're hoping to begin shipping tomorrow.

Honestly, I'm not put out by any delays on this one. We knew, going in, they'd be wrestling with Capcom a whole lot on the minis, and that's what happened. If things look as good in person as they look in pictures, if the game's got something going on, I'll be a happy backer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They hosed themselves by going prepainted, and Capcom was very nitpicky with dimensions. I'm surprised they got things done as fast as they did. Tokaido, meanwhile, is still dicking around with its prepaints without a license to deal with, and FunForge is a far more established board game company.

Awfully long road for this game. But despite their boneheaded insistence on the collectible card game format for UFS, they do decent quality control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
eypyeash wrote:
They hosed themselves by going prepainted, and Capcom was very nitpicky with dimensions. I'm surprised they got things done as fast as they did. Tokaido, meanwhile, is still dicking around with its prepaints without a license to deal with, and FunForge is a far more established board game company.

Awfully long road for this game. But despite their boneheaded insistence on the collectible card game format for UFS, they do decent quality control.

I got Tokaido and the expansion for Christmas. At no point would I have thought that game had minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got my shipping notice from UPS.

Too bad all I hear is that the game blows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my notice as well. I'll reserve judgment until it gets a few plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine too. I am starting to get excited again. It has been oh so very long...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Where did you hear/see this? I'd be interested to read/listen, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adonai_80 wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

I heard some reports after it showed up at Origins. There was at least one report posted here (link).

"Blows" is subjective.

I think the gameplay sounds pretty light-weight, and not what I look for in games. But a lot of people will be ok with that and get exactly what they were looking from out of the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lil Keezy
msg tools
newuser wrote:
Adonai_80 wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

I heard some reports after it showed up at Origins. There was at least one report posted here (link).

"Blows" is subjective.

I think the gameplay sounds pretty light-weight, and not what I look for in games. But a lot of people will be ok with that and get exactly what they were looking from out of the experience.

Definitely subjective haha. In the link you gave, the only person who actually played the game seemed to think it wasn't half bad. So that's a bit reassuring.

Though they did say they only played a single round and a boss battle. Being as lite as it seems, I'm wondering if the game can retain player engagement if it takes 2+ hours to complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what people were really wanting from it. It's Mega-Man.. not Final Fantasy. It's a side-scrolling shooter with almost no plot.

Oh well, I think me and the wife will enjoy it, I hope they put out more bosses and stuff in the future now that they have most of the annoying licensing stuff taken care of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my box today. Lots of minis, some of which don't like to stay on the stands or don't seem to fit on the stands unless you want to stretch the legs a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BDSb wrote:
Got my box today. Lots of minis, some of which don't like to stay on the stands or don't seem to fit on the stands unless you want to stretch the legs a bit.

That's expected with that type of plastic - it's bendy and it's going to bet bent out of shape a bit while packed in the box for extended periods of time. Get them on the stands and they'll form into the right position after a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.