GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,804 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the header says: will there be a collector's edition with painted miniatures? (just like what Ares did with the LoME-expansion)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any news on the possibility of a Collectors edition of this expansion?
I'm going from memory here, but I believe . . .

. . . okay. There was the Collector's Edition of the base game which came in the ludicrous box. Then the Collector's Edition of Lords of Middle Earth.

THEN there was the Anniversary Edition of the base game. When THAT was happening, someone from Ares wrote that it was their intention to release all the expansions in a premium format (i.e., painted minis) and THEN when all the expansions had gotten the premium treatment, to release the whole mush as one "big box".

Or, not. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. So: yes, there may be a CE or an AE of this, but if so, it's probably years and miles away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any news on the possibility of a Collectors edition of this expansion?
That was my recollection as well. Wait til the third and presumably final expansion is done, then do a giant all in one box edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the one big box release was for painted versions of all three expansions together. And that was not presented as definite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Loodlood wrote:
Like the header says: will there be a collector's edition with painted miniatures? (just like what Ares did with the LoME-expansion)

We will have a release of Warriors of Middle-earth with painted miniatures- it's a little early to go into further details, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
Loodlood wrote:

We will have a release of Warriors of Middle-earth with painted miniatures- it's a little early to go into further details, though!
Hooray!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Clifford
United States
Portage
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will LoME figures be available in painted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
dvsimp wrote:
Will LoME figures be available in painted?
Yes, that already exists: https://boardgamegeek.com/browse/boardgameversion?linked_src...

It's the limited edition version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Clifford
United States
Portage
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I mean, will they be made available at a reasonable price for those of us ordering Anniversary Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dvsimp wrote:
I mean, will they be made available at a reasonable price for those of us ordering Anniversary Edition.

No - you'll have to wait for that all in one collectors expansion set in a few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Soooo....just to make sure I have this all straight.

For those of us who have pre-ordered the "Anniversary" edition of WotR
1) The Anniversary edition is just the base game...no expansions included.
2) There are currently no painted sets of Lords of Middle Earth available for purchase new to match up with the Anniversary Edition, having sold out many months ago.
3) The "Warriors of Middle Earth" expansion slated to arrive sometime in the next few months is a non-painted version.
4) There are some rumblings about a painted version of the "Warriors of Middle Earth" expansion coming out sometime...when? 2016? 2017? 2018?
ALSO, there are some rumors about a BIG BOX offering of all the expansions painted sometime in the hazy future.

If I want to play the complete game with my "Anniversary Edition" with premium painted figures all around, should I just plan on getting the non-painted expansions when they become available and painting them? Does the size of the figures in these expansions match the figure size of the "Anniversary" edition? (I already have the non-painted Lords of Middle Earth expansion.)

Sheelob would love this. What a tangled web.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Does the size of the figures in these expansions match the figure size of the "Anniversary" edition? (I already have the non-painted Lords of Middle Earth expansion.)

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Figures will be produced using the same molds. It would be cost prohibitive to make new molds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
game is amazing, Ares are great company and waiting several years for all in one box is great excuse for me not to paint my minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And regarding the tenth anniversary edition of War of the Ring, Di Meglio says, "Warriors of Middle-earth is going to have a painted edition. And we are planning a third — and final — expansion after that, and we want it to have a painted version, too. After that, I like the idea of getting everything together in one box — but maybe such a 'monster edition' will be impossible to create and sell, so that's far from a sure thing."

So sayeth here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
Loodlood wrote:

A recent interview with Roberto features a preview or prototype of the painted limited edition Warriors of Middle-earth figures:

http://www.gioconomicon.net/images/stories/componenti//Spiel...

Another tasty treat for LotR fans is a pre-Fellowship game (Shire to Rivendell) using its own mechanics, mentioned in passing midway through the same interview.

http://www.gioconomicon.net/modules.php?name=News&file=artic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafamir wrote:
cybernex wrote:
Loodlood wrote:

A recent interview with Roberto features a preview or prototype of the painted limited edition Warriors of Middle-earth figures:

http://www.gioconomicon.net/images/stories/componenti//Spiel...

Another tasty treat for LotR fans is a pre-Fellowship game (Shire to Rivendell) using its own mechanics, mentioned in passing midway through the same interview.

http://www.gioconomicon.net/modules.php?name=News&file=artic...

Cool news indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.