GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,441 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Eric Gwinn
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a game about politics you could be American politics or world politics. Preferably more than two players, anything involving elections are great, but I'm open to any and all ideas. I know that is kind of an open topic but please let me know any ideas you have.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Contender is a new card game made by Justin Robert Young and John Teasdale.

http://thecontender.us/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. President may be the only good suggestion I got

Revolution!- probably not what your looking for but the premise is your gaining support to be elected the next leader.
Urban Sprawl- has an interesting electoral mechanic, though again probably not what your looking for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gr Wr
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Churchill - no elections, but a great game about world politics during World War 2. 1-3 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tammany Hall, certainly. You get to be Mayor.

Sid Sackson, paper and pencil, with a pocket calculator: Run for President, meet the Electoral College.

{review with deeper explanation that may or may not encourage you to investigate further: Watch all the Election returns without having to stay up the whole night.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
claypool
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhhh, how have there been so many posts and no one mentioned Die Macher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Founding Fathers is one of my favorites.

The theme is the drafting of the Constitution in 1789. Not sure if this fits your criteria but it's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Jacksonville Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Die Macher or 1960: The Making of the President are the winners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Kremlin is good with a crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out

Die Macher

Liberté

Tammany Hall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gwinn
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow some great recommendations! I just bought Article 27: The UN Security Council Gamealso looking at Revolution!and Founding Fathers I had no idea there were so many games like these. Tammany Halllooks great too! I am so going into debt again!...lol Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gwinn
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barlow wrote:
The Contender is a new card game made by Justin Robert Young and John Teasdale.

http://thecontender.us/

I am looking into this one too.... Have you played it yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to find, but €uro Crisis is a very nice take that game that game that has you messing with the debt and political alignment of several European nations. Beware, this is not a Euro game at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
Founding Fathers by Rick Heli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gibbs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're talking preferably multi-player, that counts out the (obvious) 1960: The Making of the President, which is two-player only.

Other have mentioned, of course, Die Macher, which is about a series of German elections. It is a long slow game, with perhaps too much randomness, and kind of shows its age a bit.

I would suggest that you take a good look at Liberté. It is about a series of elections in post-revolutionary France, and the politics around those elections. It handles 3-6 players (probably best at 4-5), with three different game-end conditions, and different win conditions depending on which game-end happens. This provides an interesting inter-player set of challenges as to how people are steering the game.

One could, also, argue that some area control games like San Marco or El Grande are about politics, but that might be stretching things a bit. Still, both are good games (San Marco for 3, El Grande for 4 or 5).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.