GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I discovered Cardfight Vanguard from Bushiroad only fairly recently and had to buy a couple of decks due to the really cool card art. I'd love to find out if there are more games with great "manga/anime" artwork though.

Not really interested in Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh I have to say, and I've seen Weiss/Schwarz (also from Bushiroad). The rather more "risque" stuff like the non-CCG game "Barbarossa" is interesting but might limit the people I can get to have a game with me.

I have Warlord and MTG already, and while the art is great, it's not quite "anime" enough!

Anyone have any suggestions for CCG/TCG or other card-based games with great manga/anime style artwork?

Cheers

Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just spotted this game Force of Will - anyone played that? Artwork looks great from what I can see so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
msg tools
I have play Force of will 2 times. I cant talk very much about it but from what i have tested, its a solid tcg. The art is what you are looking for, and there is a good 2 players starter set. However, its very similar to mtg ( mechanics wise) and its not original like vanguard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps something from Level 99 games?

Tanto Cuore also comes to mind. There is one other I can't remember the name of right now but theres ladies on tanks if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the ladies on tanks one is Barbarossa...I felt the art there might be a little too risque to get the game to the table though blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrvectrex wrote:
I think the ladies on tanks one is Barbarossa...I felt the art there might be a little too risque to get the game to the table though blush

Yes, thats the one and I agree lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
California
flag msg tools
You might want to keep an eye on Millennium Blades.

Outside of that I'm not sure. Level 99 Games in general tend to have that look to them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Devilix wrote:
I have play Force of will 2 times. I cant talk very much about it but from what i have tested, its a solid tcg. The art is what you are looking for, and there is a good 2 players starter set. However, its very similar to mtg ( mechanics wise) and its not original like vanguard.

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right about Vanguard - it's not just the card art, the game itself is also very cool. The mechanics of it are definitely original like you say. From the videos I've watched Force of Will does have that similar mechanic to MTG with the use of cards similar to mana to summon creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shikoba wrote:
You might want to keep an eye on Millennium Blades.

Outside of that I'm not sure. Level 99 Games in general tend to have that look to them though.

Millenium Blades looks interesting - I had seen that on Kickstarter but didn't back it and had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. I'll keep an eye out for some videos of it to see how it plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.