GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,725 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Searching with a Torch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a question come up last night when searching while the torch was equipped.

Do you get to keep both cards you draw from the search or do you have to discard one? I would assume that you keep both based on how the card is worded, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it the same way: you keep both. I don't think there's any external rule we can reference to help interpret the card, but I think you're doing it correctly. Note that it must be equipped in one of your hand slots to gain the search benefit (because of the hand icon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule we can reference is that there was a similarly worded Equipment card in modern Zombicide and you could keep both cards with it.

The difference between Torch and the modern equivalent is that Torch must be equipped in order to benefit from the ability, as Dormammu points out.

Oh, and note that any Aahh!! cards drawn via Torch will definitely activate. In the case of there being no spare Walkers left, hence triggering an extra activation, I'd let the Survivor take the other drawn card into inventory (and rearrange) prior to the extra activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.