GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,183 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Any news about the Digital Edition AI? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... I am disgusted and disappointed, but I still want to believe people can be honest and sensible.
badge
If am still here, it is only for the gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any news about when a beta of the AI will be tested? According to Playdek at the time of the Kickstarter campaign they already had an AI engine which only needed to learn the rules of the Twilight Struggle. I understand it is not as easy to teach an AI as it is to teach a natural person. Still, have they released any news about when they will have a working version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:
they already had an AI engine which only needed to learn the rules of the Twilight Struggle.

Uhhhh.... That's like... totally meaningless. It basically means they have nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been testing the digital version for sometime now, playing with other backers. No sign of AI yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
mkiefte wrote:
gmilitaru wrote:
they already had an AI engine which only needed to learn the rules of the Twilight Struggle.

Uhhhh.... That's like... totally meaningless. It basically means they have nothing.

Not quite. I have nothing, since I've never even built an AI. They have a general framework and (alleged) experience making an AI work.

I'd say that's next to nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haytil Reivesman
msg tools
If they were smart, they'd release an API or something and let us code our own AIs, which would ultimately allow for greater diversity (and probably eventually superior play) in AI opponents.

But given how they've been handling the rest of the Kickstarter and digital edition, this is quite unlikely, to say the least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Duensing
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
gmilitaru wrote:

Actually, it isn't (I'm an IT guy). They could have a neural network built that just needs to be trained for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LibertyToad wrote:
Actually, it isn't (I'm an IT guy). They could have a neural network built that just needs to be trained for the game.

In the words of Han Solo, "That's not how AI works."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.