GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,437 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
57 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Nemo's War (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter for Nemo's War (Second Edition) Is now Live rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew McChesney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's make it happen capt'n

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/nemos-war-sec...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually nabbed Backer #1 (meaningless I know but am so excited for this one Now all I need is my Dawn of the Zeds 3rd edition and the Darkest Night Necromancer Bundle & Promo pack that I just got myself for Christmas and I'll have plenty of solo gaming choices to keep me busy until this one delivers! xD

Let's get all those stretch goals SMASHED peoples ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS prices include shipping (I've been burned on this before)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Cantrell
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! #12 here.

I'm not super excited about Ship Naked handling fulfillment though. Anyone had any experience with larger games they've shipped for KS projects?

I had Tiny Epic Galaxies and the Ancient Terrible Things expansion come from them, both in just a bubble mailer (which was then furiously crammed into my mailbox by my less-than-eager-to-get-out-of-the-vehicle mail carrier).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pricey...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Cantrell
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:

Not included, it's $11 shipping to the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
djthree6t wrote:
Robrob wrote:

Not included, it's $11 shipping to the US.

But it automatically adds it to your pledge so no need to add it to your pledge total yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djthree6t wrote:
Woot! #12 here.

I'm not super excited about Ship Naked handling fulfillment though. Anyone had any experience with larger games they've shipped for KS projects?

I had Tiny Epic Galaxies and the Ancient Terrible Things expansion come from them, both in just a bubble mailer (which was then furiously crammed into my mailbox by my less-than-eager-to-get-out-of-the-vehicle mail carrier).

Secrets of the Lost Tomb was packed fine, but that was a huge box with many additional boxes as expansions. The only other game I've received fulfilled through them is Tiny Epic Galaxies.

Many of the other Kickstarter normal-sized box games I've received, not fulfilled through Ship Naked, have been minimally protected. I feel lucky that more of them haven't arrived damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Pricey...

Of course, it would have been much more expensive using our print-on-demand model. This game will be printed overseas as most games are, which is a consideration.

We feel there is plenty of "there" there for you money, as we build from the gameplay to the components (and not the other way around).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/nemos-war-sec...

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also discussed here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1488367/voyage-nemos-war-ki...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how many backers will get the laser-cut counters add-on, when it is characterized like below in the campaign. I agree with the characterization, and it had me laughing, having recently punched Darkest Night and getting Darkest Fingers. I expect many at VPG have a love/hate relationship with the laser-cut counters of the print-on-demand process.
Quote:
For our fans that enjoy our custom, sooty, laser-cut counters

Quote:
The laser-cut counters have a soot residue from the laser process. They also have a slightly higher raised edge since the material isn’t compressed for cutting like with the die-cut process. We offer the laser-cut counters for our friends who have a preference for them and who “enjoy the campfire smell” that comes with these counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom. $10,000.

You can watch this campaign like a live ticker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
timbur wrote:
I wonder how many backers will get the laser-cut counters add-on, when it is characterized like below in the campaign. I agree with the characterization, and it had me laughing, having recently punched Darkest Night and getting Darkest Fingers. I expect many at VPG have a love/hate relationship with the laser-cut counters of the print-on-demand process.
Quote:
For our fans that enjoy our custom, sooty, laser-cut counters

Quote:
The laser-cut counters have a soot residue from the laser process. They also have a slightly higher raised edge since the material isn’t compressed for cutting like with the die-cut process. We offer the laser-cut counters for our friends who have a preference for them and who “enjoy the campfire smell” that comes with these counters.
I simply LOVE these counters (and I'm glad for the opportunity to order these BEAUTIES and that SUPERCOOL looking dicetower).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Reiss
United States
Brookeville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djthree6t wrote:
Woot! #12 here.

I had done the keyflower kick starter, which used Ship Naked. The game came in a nice sturdy box and was well packed (Amazon quality or better).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe it's the way i am subscribed around BGG, but for me this was one of the most hyped kickstarters i've seen. reviews and videos seemed to be everywhere. of course, my being a curmudgeon put me off it all, but i have to admire the planning VPG has done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Manning
New Zealand
Dunedin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a nice KS project and I have been waiting for it

but

Shipping to New Zealand is $43 , thats obviously a mistake or some cruel joke as shipping to Australia is only $28

that is a total of $99USD or $150NZD which would get me a copy of Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition shipped to my front door which is a very big game.

What are the dimension of the box and approximate weight?
and
Is VPG offering a cheaper postage option i.e. a Polybag

Thanks
Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super excited for this one. Nothing like a solo game that is specifically designed for solo play and not some kludgy bolted-on affair. VPG do nice games, but the components have always been a little suspect. It's nice to see this get the component love it deserves. Add in a great theme and meaty game play, and I'm S-O-L-D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Russo
Monaco
Monte-Carlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
I actually nabbed Backer #1

Hitting F5 the whole day at work and just being #27... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Shipping to New Zealand is $43 , that's obviously a mistake or some cruel joke as shipping to Australia is only $28

We will look into that, but we got the shipping prices directly from Ship Naked. Check here:

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/552f9275e4b039a1263899...

Quote:

No; there will not be a polybag edition!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Manning
New Zealand
Dunedin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Alan
Thanks for checking shipping to NZ

Quote:

Quote:
No; there will not be a polybag edition!

Alan Emrich

I guess with production moving to China, there is always a compromise re making your games available at a reasonable price. Every one of the VPG games I own (about 20) I received in a polybag to reduce postage costs.

I will keep playing Nemo's War edition one and hope there has been a mistake re postage rates to NZ

Thanks
Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
grafpoo wrote:
maybe it's the way i am subscribed around BGG, but for me this was one of the most hyped kickstarters i've seen. reviews and videos seemed to be everywhere. of course, my being a curmudgeon put me off it all, but i have to admire the planning VPG has done

I agree, VPG are lifting the bar higher and higher for quality. I regret missing the Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Kickstarter. I may have to miss out on this one too because of the terrible AUD to USD conversion. May have to budget this in, but if I do not end up backing it is not because I did not want to - this looks fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
bmanning wrote:
Looks like a nice KS project and I have been waiting for it

but

Shipping to New Zealand is $43 , thats obviously a mistake or some cruel joke as shipping to Australia is only $28.

NZ is a stones throw from AU, so that is odd. The only thing I could imagine is Ship Naked's distribution agent is in Australia who is then shipping the game again to NZ, but this is a massive guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Only exclusive is that neat little pin, and backers get a discount as an incentive/thank you. Excellent campaign, happy to support. And I had a good laugh at offering laser-cut counters, but I think I'll stick with the die-cut for this go-round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McChesney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Day One isn't even over but it's already at 50% funded. Very Nice not that I had any doubts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks sweet! I have the original, but I am thinking upgrade...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.