GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,496 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: EU scouting the darkness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very eager to get hands on KD:M, but US price including import tax and shipping to EU would make this game a VERY expensive game (hide bill and game from wife!!).

Anyone know if the game is gonna be available on retail in EU, or at least getting a distributor here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Unlikely. They did put together a deal that got the EU preorders shipped from inside the EU if the orders were placed before the cut off. I think there is a chance they might do another one off deal like that when the last of the KS items ship. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the expected answer. Properly gonna write the game off, not likely willing to pay double price on eBay.

Maybe I'll be lucky in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ericsson
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope that they put up the EU hub again when the expansions are coming. Got my preorder of KD:M from the EU hub, no extra fees. Today I got my black friday order shipped from the US to Sweden. 60USD for the goods + 16USD for shipping with an additional ~30USD! as import duties and fees. Way to steep to buy more products with that markup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in if they ever distribute from within the EU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sion Zris
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mb
I sure hope they do it for expansions. And there will probably be regular games availabe as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone in the South East of the UK wants to play I'd be happy to demo a game or two for you We could do it in london town!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteh Forre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had to pay around 415$ for the game including shipping, and another 35$ when it arrived. Add sleeves to that and you're looking at 500$+. Wish I had gotten it from ebay instead haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaat Van Hee
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad I got into the KS. The game is magnificent!
But without the KS I would never have been able to buy it. Shipping and custom fees (+25%) are simply too high.
I often drool at stuff in the KD store but I can't spend that amount of money on minis cry
If a single retailer could be found in the EU that would help us poor sods a lot. But I don't expect this ever to happen as the market in the US is big enough. And as a boutique line, KD is not really dependant on growth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
Goldhammer wrote:
I really hope that they put up the EU hub again when the expansions are coming. Got my preorder of KD:M from the EU hub, no extra fees. Today I got my black friday order shipped from the US to Sweden. 60USD for the goods + 16USD for shipping with an additional ~30USD! as import duties and fees. Way to steep to buy more products with that markup.

You got taxes for a $60 order ? Is that usual in Sweden ? Here in France I received my $140 BF order and no added taxes. I think I got lucky.

Edit : as for wave 3, expect it to be shipped from the US since Adam said that as they are complex orders like wave 1, they will deal with the packing and shipping in New York.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaat Van Hee
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Edit : as for wave 3, expect it to be shipped from the US since Adam said that as they are complex orders like wave 1, they will deal with the packing and shipping in New York.

I honestly wouldn't know whether this is still the case. I can imagine that first shipping to the US (in bulk) and then shipping everything in individual packets worldwide would become quite expensive. For myself I've got practically every expansion so this would amount to > $100 of shipping. Seeing I only paid $45 and already got the first 2 waves to would incur a loss for Adam.

Furthermore, I don't think that Adam has the organisation (manpower, location,...) to handle this amount of orders. This should otherwise take an enormous amount of time and storage isn't cheap. Just see the amount of time it took for the south-american bakcers to get their stuff. I think it would then be safe to assume that the majority of bakcers would only get their stuff around the same time, next year.

What I would do is go over to China to supervise the creation of the individual packages over there. Labour is cheaper and they've got the necessary manpower and storage. You could then ship the packages to the local forwarder who would need to verify the address and post the package onwards. But I don't have experience in this matter so I'm simply guessing.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.