William Grey
United Kingdom
London
Ashford, Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kindda upset,

We just opened the pocket that says "open when someone is about to place 30+ troops on the board and has a missile" the contents of the pocket clearly refer to the event described on the other pocket "open when three missiles are used on the same combat role".

Hugely disappointed, a younger player started crying when they learned that the consequences weren't anything to do with what she'd done and were in fact really terrible.

So, what to do?

In the end we went with the pocket's contents, rolled a dice to decide things and have glued the "open when someone is about to place 30+ troops on the board and has a missile" pocket on top of the other one. Incredibly disappointed in this production error. It has cheated us out of the very thing the game promises, emergent gameplay based of our decisions. And has forced us to hack the rules to make the game playable.

I filmed the whole thing expecting something different. I guess I'm just looking to vent my frustration.

Has anyone else had this issue, how did you resolve it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you saying that the contents of the two pockets were switched in production? If so, are you sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
A man, a plan:
badge
Anal Panama
mbmbmbmbmb
Others have had the same issue, it seems one print run went wrong. Here's another thread about this with some more cases: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1451620/misslabled-packets-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Grey
United Kingdom
London
Ashford, Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Are you saying that the contents of the two pockets were switched in production? If so, are you sure?

Yes. absolutely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel M Parker
msg tools
this just happened to us today. exact same thing, except that since i had played another legacy board previously, i knew what had gone wrong. so, we ended up opening the *other* pocket, using that stuff, and putting the first stuff we opened into the second pocket and taping it shut.

but not before we got a spoiler. the kids were clearly disappointed.

has hasbro issued any kind of statement, apology, or attempted fix or this production error?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newjoelman wrote:
this just happened to us today. exact same thing, except that since i had played another legacy board previously, i knew what had gone wrong. so, we ended up opening the *other* pocket, using that stuff, and putting the first stuff we opened into the second pocket and taping it shut.

but not before we got a spoiler. the kids were clearly disappointed.

has hasbro issued any kind of statement, apology, or attempted fix or this production error?

That happened to our group just last night. SUPER bummer. No crying (on the outside, at least) but man, for a game that is about suprises, opening pouches, etc, wow..what a ROYAL eff up...and there is no way to rectify it.

Its a real shame...I am like you...I'm not looking for a free game or my money back, but a statement from the creator or publisher would at least help put this behind us....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.