Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Ramirez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody, we're trying to plan out some reviews for the early part of the year. You can select multiple entries, and also feel free to make suggestions below! We'll use this as a tool in selecting review games, and their may be some limitations on time and availability. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Risley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Shakespeare. I got in one game of it so far, solo, and enjoyed it. Hope to gets other in before the end of vacation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wiggins
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirits of the Rice Paddy is very very good. I think you're going to love it Sean. I'd like to hear about FCM because even though I buy as many games as you guys maybe more this is one I'm curious about and would like to hear more before dropping $150 on.

Other great ones to try

Trickerion
Start an N-Uwe Years Day tradition and get in a play of my favorite Ora Et Labora.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently out there:

Bottom of the 9th

Grand Austria Hotel

Coming Out in 2016:

Star Trek Frontiers

Star Wars: Rebellion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I feel like copy/pasting my entire Essen 2015 list. whistle

~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ramirez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeWiggins wrote:
Spirits of the Rice Paddy is very very good. I think you're going to love it Sean. I'd like to hear about FCM because even though I buy as many games as you guys maybe more this is one I'm curious about and would like to hear more before dropping $150 on.

Other great ones to try

Trickerion
Start an N-Uwe Years Day tradition and get in a play of my favorite Ora Et Labora.

Empire Board Game Library is supposed to be getting a copy - we'll be playing theirs!

Good to know on Spirits of the Rice Paddy - going to try to get it to the table tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ramirez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tselin3369 wrote:
Currently out there:

Bottom of the 9th

Grand Austria Hotel

Coming Out in 2016:

Star Trek Frontiers

Star Wars: Rebellion

I'm working on getting a copy - it is designed by one-half of the designers of Tzolk'in. Just don't tell Alex that!

And Rebellion will be a no-brainer for us... I'll have to twist Alex's arm for Star Trek Frontiers though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Neilitz
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since you guys like Mottainai, maybe look at other Carl Chudyk designed games.

Innovation (as already listed)
Impulse
Uhronia
Glory to Rome

I know there's a couple more, but those are the big ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvdhwkaz wrote:

And Rebellion will be a no-brainer for us... I'll have to twist Alex's arm for Star Trek Frontiers though.

I think due to game length for each - you may need to twist both of Alex's arms for each game... and get out the Ducal leg restraints...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ramirez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly, but he's much more of a SW fan than a ST fan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Goldsmith
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

Neither Sean nor myself is a big fan of Uchronia. Sean sees it as a teaching tool for Glory to Rome or Mottainai. I don't see the need for it myself (I'd rather just teach Mottainai open-handed).

I just got Innovation 3rd Ed through Kickstarter and hopefully we'll get to that at some point in the next couple months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Quintana
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Posthuman?

Or, Churchill?

Jared
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wiggins
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 4 games of Grand Austria Hotel now. It's a very interesting puzzle with just enough player interaction for it not to be a multiplayer solitaire, and just enough mitigatable luck to make it accessible for newer people. I have played with all player counts and DO NOT play this with 4. 3 is just fine, but 2 is excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
badge
(chance is the fool's name for fate)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll also put in for Grand Austria Hotel .. just rec'd my copy - no plays yet. (unless you can get your hands on Ponzi Scheme <- i need this game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add Trickerion to the list

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thompson

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only review request is that next time you do a top 10 list you don't pull the dice tower "but it's higher on so-an-so's list" again, that is so annoying to listen to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wiggins
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kassanova wrote:
My only review request is that next time you do a top 10 list you don't pull the dice tower "but it's higher on so-an-so's list" again, that is so annoying to listen to.

+1

It's so much easier to listen to of they said My game #7 is this here's why... And immediately the next guy says it's my #2 here's my. When you get to the #2 just add in. My game was this game and move on... Usually the Dice Tower method means one person will wait and when it gets to the others guys the previous person will hardly say anything about it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jennings
Spain
Puertollano
Ciudad Real
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already bought it, but I would like to hear your opinions on Warhammer Quest ACG. Also, Snowdonia; it's an older game, but it's one that's on my wish list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ramirez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - Food Chain Magnate in the lead!

That's definitely in the works. We'll probably review it in a couple months with Derek Davis as part of his Patreon reward.

Grand Austria Hotel is also in the works.

Also, Joe and Ryan, hopefully you heard we changed our numbering in the our Top 6 Designers lists!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to hear your takes on Yomi (second edition) since Alex likes Puzzle Strike so much.

Also City of Iron or Above and Below since it doesn't seem like you've done any reviews for Ryan Laukat games yet, unless I missed it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ramirez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Also City of Iron or Above and Below since it doesn't seem like you've done any reviews for Ryan Laukat games yet, unless I missed it!

Hi AJ,
We did review The Ancient World way back in Episode 41:
http://dukesofdice.libsyn.com/dukes-of-dice-ep-41-this-is-he...

I have City of Iron 2nd Ed. on its way via Kickstarter, so I expect we will do that.

I think Above and Below is a game that Alex will really like, so I'm sure we'll get to that eventually as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvdhwkaz wrote:
ayejae wrote:

Hi AJ,
We did review The Ancient World way back in Episode 41:
http://dukesofdice.libsyn.com/dukes-of-dice-ep-41-this-is-he...

I have City of Iron 2nd Ed. on its way via Kickstarter, so I expect we will do that.

I think Above and Below is a game that Alex will really like, so I'm sure we'll get to that eventually as well!

Ohh, yep, I did miss that one, thanks! Working my way through your archives at the moment. I still would be interested in Above and Below because reviews are a bit mixed, so looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Imperial or Imperial 2030? There are so few quality reviews for these games(and almost no mention within the Dice Tower Network) yet they are highly ranked on BGG. I think they are of amazing design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.