GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,743 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Deception: Murder in Hong Kong» Forums » General

Subject: Quick rule question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
holden johnson

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

I played this game with my family a couple weeks ago and loved it, however I am about to play again during lunch today with coworkers, and was wanting clarification on a simple rule before going in.

Does the murderer have to choose a clue/means in front of them? or can they choose a clue/means in front of someone else?

I might be missing that rule somewhere. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in front of him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
holden johnson

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Paulo! That makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolly Thinkers
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of using him/her, we are now using them to represent him/her. If we only use him, someone will blame us for sexual discrimination. Therefore, nowadays people use "them" to represent him/her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
JollyThinkers wrote:
Instead of using him/her, we are now using them to represent him/her. If we only use him, someone will blame us for sexual discrimination. Therefore, nowadays people use "them" to represent him/her.
"Themselves" is clearest here. "Next, the Murder selects an evidence and means card in front of themselves."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolly Thinkers
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
JollyThinkers wrote:
"Themselves" is clearest here. "Next, the Murder selects an evidence and means card in front of themselves."

Yes, you are right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
holden johnson

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good.
Thanks guys!

We played and it was a blast and much better that way. For some reason when I first read the rules, I just took "in front of themselves" as on the table and didn't realize the specificity of it.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JollyThinkers wrote:

I really hate the Political Correctness forced upon by some miserable people that have nothing better to do than feel offended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.