GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,657 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: merchant ship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kawai Wong

oostende
msg tools
mbmb
hi

i see that the merchant ship is stackeble (blue banner)

1)So what happend if no one take the merchant ship card?
A) we just flip the merchant ship card and take another one
B) we draw another card so there will be 2 merchant ship cards?

2) A)If we wanne take this merchant ship cards: we must buy both of merchant ship cards? ( so we must paying 2 gold for it)
B)Or we can choose which one to buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) There should only be one merchant ship showing. If nobody takes it then during the next round set up a new merchant ship is flipped right on top of the prior merchant ship regardless of whether it was taken or not. The prior merchant ships are gone for good and can no longer be purchased.

Round Setup 5: Reveal the top Merchant Ship Card, placing it on top of any previously revealed Merchant ship cards.

2) You can only purchase the merchant ship that is showing, so you cannot do the actions you described for A or B.

Appendix: Merchant Ship – Pay 1 Coin to the supply then collect the Food Cubes, Wood Cubes, or Viking Warriors displayed on the current Merchant Ship Card.

This is how I read the rules. I tried to quote the portions of the rules that I used to determine this. Playing the game the way your describing would get tricky because you'd have to remember which merchant ships were bought and which weren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchant ships are not "bought" or "taken." You are buying goods from the merchant ship, not buying the ship. The tile remains on the board (or could be discarded) and is covered/replaced by the new tile each round. Edit--to be clear, only the new ship is available for use.
On a related note, we find it helpful to prepare in advance several "refill stacks," each consisting of the 3 warrior dice, 1 food, and 1 facedown merchant ship. (I think that's all.) That way, we don't forget to add something in a round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Derr has it right.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question.

The rule book states: "Blue locations receive an additional item each round regardless of whether or not they are empty. These goods can build up and make these locations more attractive in future rounds." (There is also a typo. The rulebook has loations instead of locations)

So is there an error on the board and the Merchant ship location should not be blue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
snoova wrote:
I had the same question.

The rule book states: "Blue locations receive an additional item each round regardless of whether or not they are empty. These goods can build up and make these locations more attractive in future rounds." (There is also a typo. The rulebook has loations instead of locations)

So is there an error on the board and the Merchant ship location should not be blue?

The merchant ship is intentionally blue. It receives an item each round regardless of whether or not it was used the previous round - the merchant ship card. Locations which receive goods can build up. the merchant ship doesn't receive goods however, just the card.

Perhaps it would be clearer to say that "blue locations receive something every round. The locations which receive dice/resources can build up. The location which receives a card simply receives a card.

The Blue is really simply indicative of "this needs attention at the start of every round - whether it was taken or not" Other card locations need attention only when something has been taking from them or are specifically combat locations.

As for the typo...DOH! shake

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.